Swansea (H) - Pre Match Thread

City v Swansea prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the defeat last week, Guardiola was painting the picture of a mini Premier League, much like the close of last season. I expect the players to party hard tonight and then be straining on the leash at training this week. Maximum respect to the opponents, but play with the same drive as we've shown in the last few games, and then bring on kids if/when the game is won. I want to hear the media choke on the word Centurions.

I can't imagine for one moment Pep will take his foot of the gas and allow the season to end with any unnecessary losses. I also think it would be a very brave player to even insinuate to Pep that he can't give 100% because of the impending World Cup.. imo

Course he will not do that, but there is a different vibe to playing to have to win v playing to enjoy. Sometimes it helps.

And given some of the tackles against us how many of you would wish any of our team to miss the World Cup because of one of them?

He will set up to win, of course he will.

But he will use the freedom to give players time off, not rush back anyone injured and to bed in some youth.

Even Yaya will get game time.

We might even end up playing a few different systems and catch teams cold with them like early season.

But it will not be exactly like it would have been if we still needed points.

We need to play our strongest team and try to win. Not only to carry on the winning mentality but to respect other teams fighting to avoid relagation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.