Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe noone is talking about him, he's unbelievably good. Him and Stones for the next 10 years, unreal partnership!

Can't believe noone is talking about him, he's unbelievably good. Him and Stones for the next 10 years, unreal partnership!

Top class.

Was a master stroke to bring him in early in January so he can adapt to the league and be even better next season.

It would be interesting to see an alternate reality where he arrived in the summer of 2016. I think the extra year and a half in Bilbao allowed him to become even more assured in his play; which he may not have had with the immense scrutiny our defence was under last season.

It would be interesting to see an alternate reality where he arrived in the summer of 2016. I think the extra year and a half in Bilbao allowed him to become even more assured in his play; which he may not have had with the immense scrutiny our defence was under last season.
I think it's worked out for the best over all, he's a far calmer defender than he was and has improved his positioning no end, which was reflected in the drop in his red card count in La Liga. All the potential was there in 2016 but he wasn't actually good enough for our first team at that point and both our fans and the media are far too fond of a scapegoat.

I think it's worked out for the best over all, he's a far calmer defender than he was and has improved his positioning no end, which was reflected in the drop in his red card count in La Liga. All the potential was there in 2016 but he wasn't actually good enough for our first team at that point and both our fans and the media are far too fond of a scapegoat.
That's the thing I notice most about him. I didn't see any of him in Spain so cant comment on that but I notice when he plays for us he is very calm. Its a great trait for a defender to have and I think we're on to a winner with this lad.

That's the thing I notice most about him. I didn't see any of him in Spain so cant comment on that but I notice when he plays for us he is very calm. Its a great trait for a defender to have and I think we're on to a winner with this lad.
Agreed. He never looks under pressure when on the ball, or when going into the tackle, as perhaps Otamendi may do (not necessarily a complete criticism of the Argentine). Laporte reads play particularly well, which is fundamental to succeeding in a Guardiola defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.