Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing I notice most about him. I didn't see any of him in Spain so cant comment on that but I notice when he plays for us he is very calm. Its a great trait for a defender to have and I think we're on to a winner with this lad.
I saw a lot of him in Spain and he was extremely rash to begin with, far too fond of a hero tackle when the defence was on the back foot (ala Otamendi) and picking up lots of stupid red cards, tbh I think the way he bust his ankle helped - going for a stupid unwinnable tackle.

I saw a lot of him in Spain and he was extremely rash
to begin with, far too fond of a hero tackle when the defence was on the back foot (ala Otamendi) and picking up lots of stupid red cards, tbh I think the way he bust his ankle helped - going for a stupid unwinnable tackle.
That's an interesting point. When I think of his performances for us I cant say i can remember him spending much, if any, time on his arse. The comparison to Otamendi is a good one cause we all know his biggest weakness is his love of a sliding tackle in a completely unnecessary situation. He's also eradicated that (well mostly) and has been a far improved player for it. That Lapoprte has done the same at a much younger age shows his intelligence for the position.

That's an interesting point. When I think of his performances for us I cant say i can remember him spending much, if any, time on his arse. The comparison to Otamendi is a good one cause we all know his biggest weakness is his love of a sliding tackle in a completely unnecessary situation. He's also eradicated that (well mostly) and has been a far improved player for it. That Lapoprte has done the same at a much younger age shows his intelligence for the position.
For a Jan defensive signing I think he’s doing well. It must feel very strange to him. He’s had a number of games where he could have played in his bedroom slippers plus a couple of very intense games. Nothing in between

Is growing into the team has been Ota and Vinny rotated next to him in the last few weeks. Only improvement needed for me is passing out under pressure has the ability put it down as just adjusting from launching long balls up to Aduriz 30 times a game.

Anybody any idea how far down the pecking order for France he is? Koscielny from arsenal looks to have picked up a nasty injury Which could rule him out of the world cup

I think now the France spot is down to him or Rami. Definitely Laporte should make it over Rami.

Never wish injury on anyone but Laporte has to be thinking he's got a chance now. There should be a few friendlies before the final World Cup squads are announced right? I would think he and Rami will both be brought along and then decided on, though I know Deschamps has picked Rami fairly consistently in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.