The Kippax Last Stand - 30/4/1994

The last game was Chelsea. Pretty sure it was 2-2, although I was only 7 yrs old, so could be wrong. This was my third ever game. I was too young to appreciate the significance of the game, but glad that I was there now. A bit like York City away ;-)

Was a regular in there from 72 when they seated the North Stand to 88 when I moved to the Main Stand. 94-96 back in the North Stand and 96-03 in the new Kippax.
Lots of memories of course; tearing AC Milan apart, the Charlton promotion game and going on the pitch afterwards, and beating both the rags and Boro 4-0 in the 75-76 League Cup. I know the rag game had awful consequences but nobody knew that as we celebrated stuffing them.

Biggest noise I ever heard was v Everton in the 81 cup replay. When we scored those 2 quick goals second half I swear the whole Kippax was pogoing to “we’re on the march with John Bond’s army...,....”- it was insane

Just loved it. Football has never been the same since. For big games you were there an hour before kick off singing.

Any pictures from that last day Gary? I ask this every time but surely someone out there remembers the guy with the paper mashe Viking helmet with 2 bananas sticking out and his projectile vomit over some poor kid.

Just loved it. Football has never been the same since. For big games you were there an hour before kick off singing.

Any pictures from that last day Gary? I ask this every time but surely someone out there remembers the guy with the paper mashe Viking helmet with 2 bananas sticking out and his projectile vomit over some poor kid.

I have fond memories of the Kippax but I must admit, I wouldn't swap out current stadium to go back.

One of my Uncles stopped going to City a couple of years after they tore the Kippax down because he said the club just wasn’t the same anymore without the Kippax

The last game was Chelsea. Pretty sure it was 2-2, although I was only 7 yrs old, so could be wrong. This was my third ever game. I was too young to appreciate the significance of the game, but glad that I was there now. A bit like York City away ;-)
2-2 it was, pretty sure I remember Rosler scoring football was a different game with standing terraces.

Beating Liverpool 1 nil boxing day (1985 I think)

Stood on the wall in the middle and just seeing the masses go mad when Clive Wilson (I think) scored. The sight was amazing and that word is used way too much these days but it truly was
It was pretty much the only attempt we had on goal that day. It was absolute pandemonium when we scored. So against the run of play.

Anyone remember who got the assist?...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.