Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him signing a new contract. The league is done and dusted and he's not even making the bench. I just don't think Pep rates him as highly as Foden.

I can't see him signing a new contract. The league is done and dusted and he's not even making the bench. I just don't think Pep rates him as highly as Foden.
He's currently having to make way for Yaya unfortunately.Hopefully he understands the thinking.

He's currently having to make way for Yaya unfortunately.Hopefully he understands the thinking.

It's pretty hard to understand the thinking to be honest.

Would you rather have someone who is definitely leaving with no future at City on the bench, or someone you want to sign a new contract because you think he's got the potential to be a starter in the future?

This wasn't Yaya's farewell game, he's getting a whole game dedicated to that on Wednesday.

The league is already won
Aguero is injured

But yet, Diaz can't even make the bench.

Next season the club will buy another forward which means less minutes for Diaz next season.

Would you rather have someone who is definitely leaving with no future at City on the bench, or someone you want to sign a new contract because you think he's got the potential to be a starter in the future?

This wasn't Yaya's farewell game, he's getting a whole game dedicated to that on Wednesday.
I agree.

Play Diaz over Sane for the remaining games I say. Sane has been dreadful with his lack of concentration and general sloppiness.

Play Diaz over Sane for the remaining games I say. Sane has been dreadful with his lack of concentration and general sloppiness.
100% agree. With Sane's current form, Diaz would not weaken the team at all

Agree completely. The guy is amazing but I think Pep is wrong in what he's doing regards to Diaz. Surely he can give Diaz some belief he has a future at City and still respect Yaya's service when the team play Brighton.

Agree completely. The guy is amazing but I think Pep is wrong in what he's doing regards to Diaz. Surely he can give Diaz some belief he has a future at City and still respect Yaya's service when the team play Brighton.
Easily. As others have said, start both of them.

Today was Sane’s worst performance in a sky blue shirt. He gave away the ball about 75% of the time he had it, including a completely inexplicable moment where he quite literally stood still, stared down a defender, and then tapped the ball directly to them two yards away, setting up a counter attack. He is a supremely talented player but my god that was dross today.

Starting Diaz would not hurt us in the slightest on that showing. Worse case scenario is that he is just as bad, which would be an achievement in of itself.

Glad to see him get some minutes which means there is no dispute yet between him and the club regarding contract extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.