New Kits 2018/19

Various Italian sides have the St George cross on their badges or kits e.g. Sampdoria and Cagliari.

I wondered if it was because some of them had English people involved in setting up the clubs, or does the emblem have local significance?

AC Milan prominently display the flag of St George on their badge.

Various Italian sides have the St George cross on their badges or kits e.g. Sampdoria and Cagliari.

I wondered if it was because some of them had English people involved in setting up the clubs, or does the emblem have local significance?
My mate Mr Google says that the cross of St George has been associated with large areas of Italy since the 12th century and is known as the cross of St Ambrose in Milan.

The Turk didn't become the patron saint of England until the 16th Century.

He was renowned in olden days for his exploits in battle resulting in widespread appeal across Europe when military might was important for nations. Probably responsible for slaughtering hundreds if not thousands of people.

Makes you proud!

On footyheadlines.com , they have the shirt very similar to this year's shirt - darker tone to the sleeves with the silly Nike 'squiggle lines' on them. Hope they've got it wrong. (Would post a pic but iPad illiterate!)
The away looks good - dark navy with a sky and a lime pinstripe. Similar to a version on here but closer stripes. A subtle nod to the kit of 20 years ago. This one Wouldn't look out of place on a New Order album cover. Hope they've got that right.
Not that I'll be wearing any to a match. Sportswear is for the pitch or beach only - and don't get me started on trainers on over forties!!?! ;-)

My mate Mr Google says that the cross of St George has been associated with large areas of Italy since the 12th century and is known as the cross of St Ambrose in Milan.

The Turk didn't become the patron saint of England until the 16th Century.

He was renowned in olden days for his exploits in battle resulting in widespread appeal across Europe when military might was important for nations. Probably responsible for slaughtering hundreds if not thousands of people.

Makes you proud!

Bloody Turks coming over here, stealing all our jobs ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.