New Kits 2018/19

@deano ou812 @pudge Having just watched the inside City episode all the way through...

I can independently verify that the socks are, in fact, very, very, very dark blue.

It will probably turn out to be moot anyway, but worth remembering that St George is a big deal in Barcelona and Catalonia in general. His cross also appears on the FCB badge. Some ‘yellow ribbon’ revenge...?

If there is or isn’t an England flag on it...doesn’t matter either way for me though I doubt there is one.

But think of it this way....if brain dead people want to use the flag for right wing propaganda who’s fault is that? The people or the flag? Which came first?

If extreme left wing people start promoting eating chips am I supposed to stop eating them?

Not all people who wear the flag are racists and I would question the values of those that think they are.
If the English were a lot more proud of their flag, and regularly displayed it with pride, then these groups wouldn’t be able to leverage its use and any use of it by them would not only be rejected, but cast them in a negative light for even trying to do it.

I know people bad mouth the USA for many things, but a lack of patriotic pride isn’t one of them. Americans fly their flag proudly, yet have the freedom to burn it! One of the most remarkable things about the American experiment is that juxtaposition and the Founding Father’s (and subsequent SCOTUS decisions) that included burning the flag as “freedom of speech.” Now, you need to know your audience, because they also have the freedom of speech to openly “deride” such an action.

If the English were a lot more proud of their flag, and regularly displayed it with pride, then these groups wouldn’t be able to leverage its use and any use of it by them would not only be rejected, but cast them in a negative light for even trying to do it.

I know people bad mouth the USA for many things, but a lack of patriotic pride isn’t one of them. Americans fly their flag proudly, yet have the freedom to burn it! One of the most remarkable things about the American experiment is that juxtaposition and the Founding Father’s (and subsequent SCOTUS decisions) that included burning the flag as “freedom of speech.” Now, you need to know your audience, because they also have the freedom of speech to openly “deride” such an action.

Always figured no one could top an ‘Merican fer good ol’ Fashioned patriotism . . . Til I visited Israel.

I must say the dichotomy of both saluting/respecting/pledging allegiance to a flag whilst at the same time having the freedom to burn it is pretty special.

Then again, Arsenal fans have been doing both to their own kits for years.

Name me another club that does.
How the fuck should I know?

I don’t even buy City shirts, much less any of the 90 other teams.

If you’re so keen on Wales and hate the English then why don’t you go and support Cardiff or Swansea next season.

Just a reminder for those that didn’t see it a few pages back, this may be fairly close to the actual home kit.

@Shaelumstash has indicated that the collar will likely be navy blue (matching the socks), the crest on the shorts will be embossed (raised stitching or patch in all white for subtle contrast, rather than full-colour), and the socks with have a white turn down band. And it is unlikely that the St. George’s Cross will be on the inside of the collar (the artist took liberties there), despite the desperate (and apparently perverted) wishes of @SWP's back

City%2B2018.jpg
Now that’s a nice kit! The navy socks... superb!

If that’s a St. George cross on the back of the collar then £54 remains in my bank account.
We are the champions, champions of England!

No harm having the ship and the three rivers, even the Earl of Lancaster rose (even though we are 53 miles away from Lancaster), and no harm having an England flag on for me neither since we’re in England.

Instead of gold PL badges, I think the English champions should have the England three lions badge on the sleeve instead anyway. Think that’d look class

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.