It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. Mahrez for me.
I’m hoping for Mahrez as well. Watched some of the FA cup final (obviously cheering on the chavs) and apart from a few runs in behind and a couple of tidy little dribbles did very little else. Yes he won a penalty but it relied on inept defending.

two things get right on my tits on these transfer pages

1: we need to bring cover in,someone who is happy to be sat on the bench.
bollox,any player who is happy to be sat on the bench(except young players) are not worth a wank,we need to bring players in who think they are a first teamer and want to challenge for a starting spot.

2: if we get hazard that might push sane away,well if sane has anything about him he will rise to the challenge ,and if he isn't well he might never make it, and that's not just about sane its about every player at the club ,if you cant handle a challenge then get out ,there will be no free wheeling at city

we saw with Sergio,how he responded to Gabriel coming in ,are we not seeing possibly the best of Sergio??(before injury)

all footballers have come through a lot to get where they are today, footballers should love the challenge

If we play 60 games with 2 wingers then Sane, Hazard and Sterling could all potentially start 40 games each. Allowing the other one to be an impact sub. It'll keep each fresh while still providing enough football.

I think we'll be seeing Raz centrally more and more though even if it's just a switch mid match.

You've forgotten Bernardo! Also no reason why Hazard couldn't play centrally.

I think 30-40 starts is about right for a player over the course of a season and, as you say with 60 games a season and at least 5 attacking positions, that's 300 possible starting berths per season. For those positions, we currently have 8 players (Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Silva, KDB, Gundogan). No harm in adding a ninth, especially if they can play across all 5 of those positions like Hazard can.

For me the biggest, maybe only weakness in some games last season, was in front of the back 4...When we didnt have the ball, we got exposed alittle by high press teams like Liverpool. If we spent big on any position this summer, I'm hoping we sign the best DM player possible....whether thats Jorginho, Fabinho or whoever. Another forward like Hazard, Bailey or Mahrez would be nice but DM is the absolute must...I dont see Fern playing another season of 30-40 games....

bollox,any player who is happy to be sat on the bench(except young players) are not worth a wank,we need to bring players in who think they are a first teamer and want to challenge for a starting spot.

2: if we get hazard that might push sane away,well if sane has anything about him he will rise to the challenge ,and if he isn't well he might never make it, and that's not just about sane its about every player at the club ,if you cant handle a challenge then get out ,there will be no free wheeling at city

we saw with Sergio,how he responded to Gabriel coming in ,are we not seeing possibly the best of Sergio??(before injury)

all footballers have come through a lot to get where they are today, footballers should love the challenge

Couldn't agree more.

Agree mate.....This is why I was so impressed by the words spoken by the Chairman yesterday...We've learnt from the past that signing "squad" players after a winning season isnt good enough and we need to sign players that will improve the team and push/beat out the current starters.....nobody in this squad should go into the season thinking they guaranteed to start....

You've forgotten Bernardo! Also no reason why Hazard couldn't play centrally.

I think 30-40 starts is about right for a player over the course of a season and, as you say with 60 games a season and at least 5 attacking positions, that's 300 possible starting berths per season. For those positions, we currently have 8 players (Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Silva, KDB, Gundogan). No harm in adding a ninth, especially if they can play across all 5 of those positions like Hazard can.
Exactly!

Basically any attacking player can get over 35 starts in a season even if no one is injured and that doesn't even count sub appearances.

Not sure we should worry so much about this. Can't see Barcelona being upset they need to accommodate griezmann coutinho Messi and Suarez.

Well Kev and Salah, just to name two, had to go elsewhere, wouldn't want Sane going anywhere.
To manage different characters is very important and to purely say "It's up to you to prove yourself" is poor and show very little loyalty to players. Sane's got nothing to prove, as a developing kid he's unbelievable and we should show him respect by believing in him, sterling and Bernie.

Well Kev and Salah, just to name two, had to go elsewhere, wouldn't want Sane going anywhere.
To manage different characters is very important and to purely say "It's up to you to prove yourself" is poor and show very little loyalty to players. Sane's got nothing to prove, as a developing kid he's unbelievable and we should show him respect by believing in him, sterling and Bernie.

As the new season starts, I'd like to think they all, without exception, have something to prove.
There's no room for anyone resting on their laurels, thinking they've made it.

I doubt Pep would let anyone rest on their laurels mate and the players know that. Hazard has been one of the standout players for years in Sane position, but Sane is very special and we need to hold on to him. Could be the best player in the prem in two years with 10 years left in him.

I like Harzard, but if he comes he sits behind Sane in that position.

Sane first season has been phenomenal, better than hazards first season, (age related) why change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.