Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be picky but this is what you said

The way i see it is that Marhez is as good an attacking wide player as both Sterling and Sane...better goal scorer at least than both and equally as gifted a dribbler

how many more goals does he score compared to our 2?

its not about the amount...its the type...sterling in particular misses chances that i would say mahrez is more likely to score...for instant one on ones and shots from distance,

you are being picky cause i think i explained that later in a second post so just to put your mind at rest, i wasn't being critical of sterling or Sane (who again, for the third time, i believe will become a better player than mahrez in the future) but that at present he is at least equal to them both and offers something that they don't.
I don't use stats, i use my eyes and maybe you should to instead of being over reliant on simply stats.

Are Sterling or Sane backup/squad/reserve players?

Nope - they're part of our regular squad rotation.

Same as Mahrez will be assuming that we sign him and he makes the cut.

Depends how you're classifying a squad player. I'd argue that the vast majority of our players are squad players as the only definitive first team players are those who have no proper replacement among the rest of the squad. Prior to the start of last season, these would have been Ederson, Mendy, Fernandinho, De Bruyne and Sane. The rest all have very adequate back up players and the first team choice is sometimes arguable.

I think that during last season Delph proved himself as a competent reserve LB thankfully and this summer has been about improving the rotation option for some of those other players. Notably Jorginho for Fernandinho and Mahrez for Sane (which may be by proxy of Sterling or Jesus playing from the left more frequently with Mendy able to offer more attacking width).

I think people maybe misunderstood you as 'not a squad player' could mean 'definitive first team starter'. There's no way Mahrez should be that as Sterling and Sane are already at least as valuable as him and have higher ceilings, regardless of Mahrez's price tag.

its not about the amount...its the type...sterling in particular misses chances that i would say mahrez is more likely to score...for instant one on ones and shots from distance,

you are being picky cause i think i explained that later in a second post so just to put your mind at rest, i wasn't being critical of sterling or Sane (who again, for the third time, i believe will become a better player than mahrez in the future) but that at present he is at least equal to them both and offers something that they don't.
I don't use stats, i use my eyes and maybe you should to instead of being over reliant on simply stats.
I don't go by stats but you said he scored more so it's a reasonable question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.