Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I never get this, i don't read papers yet somehow they swing my judgement on him. I use my eyes and judge from there, i'd love him to have a good world cup to shove it down the medias throats however all he has to do on here is win a throw in and you want him knighted.

Not quite Tom, we all know he has some issues with finishing chances but always gives 100% and his game has come on immensely. For me he's one of the first names on this England team because he's such a threat. If he does have a less than great world cup it'll be because of the quality of footballers around him.

You cant blame fans for wanting to protect him given the appalling and weird obsession the media and clubs fans has for him.

Not quite Tom, we all know he has some issues with finishing chances but always gives 100% and his game has come on immensely. For me he's one of the first names on this England team because he's such a threat. If he does have a less than great world cup it'll be because of the quality of footballers around him.

You cant blame fans for wanting to protect him given the appalling and weird obsession the media and clubs fans has for him.

I've said it before and I am sure I will again, doesn't it say more about him that he can't take that form to England? Put KDB in this team and he will play his game and be as brilliant as he is for us regardless of who is around him, why can't Sterling? Of course protect him what is annoying is seeing people being hypocrites by slating Rashford for things Sterling does but worse. They then swing the other way and are completely blinded to have any discussion on the lad because they are so protective. Like stuff you have put there you would play him because he's "such a threat". On that basis Rashford is a threat and provides pretty much the same for England. Looking dangerous and being a threat isn't overly complimentary, basically he has pace. I get called out on here with my views on him but I try to be as honest as I can and I have come on here several times this season praising his performances for us.

Why wouldn't I want him to do well? I don't hate him, i just have eyes and see his limitations however if you do that you're a rag.
Ha ha. Most on here see his limitations. Most also see the huge positives in his game.

Very few relish criticising a player at every opportunity. If you genuinely want him to do well as you claim I would be absolutely gobsmacked.

But the bit I cannot for the life of me work out is everything you are complaining at rashford doing sterling does, but is probably worse considering the season sterling has had and his apparent talents. So to put it correctly it wouldn’t really matter who we pick because both lose the ball loads? But Sterlings blind alley runs and bad decision making are ok because he’s a blue? No one can say what sterling does for England except look dangerous. That in itself speaks volumes

I assure Pep would not continually pick, rave about such a player.

Rashford is utter gash compared to Sterling. Sterling is a constant threat for 90 minutes, his movement and timing of movement are literally the best in the business.

Rashford is has moments of brilliance but few a far between. His ability to play within a team is piss poor.
Mourinho is a tosser but he's recognised it and quick. The more rational Tags I know see it too.

To compare the two, Sterling is a constant threat and helps a team no end, Rashford has almost zero influence over 90 minutes but may produce the brilliant moment.

After the season he's had, Sterling should be having the team built around him. England haven't and will be toss as per and I fear Sterling will see less minutes than Ali, Lingard & Rashford.
He's far superior to all 3.

You seem to implying that Rashford played well the other night, he didn't he was toss other than his goal. I think it says a lot when he was supposed to be supporting Vardy and Vardy had about 8 touches.

Last edited:
Ha ha. Most on here see his limitations. Most also see the huge positives in his game.

Very few relish criticising a player at every opportunity. If you genuinely want him to do well as you claim I would be absolutely gobsmacked.

I don't relish it, as pointed out before I went on his thread many times this season praising him. People only pick out when I am critical. I can see positives in his game, just not for England maybe similar to Sane for Germany, not that I have watched them but many have said he didn't get picked because he doesn't perform for them which is mad considering the season he has had for us. Looking dangerous for me isn't a reason to start anybody although I appreciate there isn't a big pot of talent to pick from for England. Of course I want him to do well, madness to think otherwise.

I assure Pep would not continually pick, rave about such a player.

Rashford is utter gash compared to Sterling. Sterling is a constant threat for 90 minutes, his movement and timing of movement are literally the best in the business.

Rashford is has moments of brilliance but few a far between. His ability to play within a team is piss poor.
Mourinho is a tosser but he's recognised it and quick. The more rational Tags I know see it too.

To compare the two, Sterling is a constant threat and helps a team no end, Rashford has almost zero influence over 90 minutes but may produce the brilliant moment.

After the season he's had, Sterling should be having the team built around him. England haven't and will be toss as per and I fear Sterling will see less minutes than Ali, Lingard & Rashford.
He's far superior to all 3.

You are talking absolute shite there pal, I think you need to ignore who they both play for and judge them for England. Sterling plays differently for City and my points aren't about club football but for England. Define constant threat, do you mean getting into fantastic positions and not picking out a team mate? Creating a chance to balloon over the bar? it's all guff people say "constant threat" "looks dangerous" it doesn't even mean anything. He is superior to the three you just mentioned but you don't just pick the best club players - look at Germany with Sane. England have suffered before shoehorning the best talent instead of having a system. By all means defend Sterling, argue why he should start but to say all that and slate Rashford clearly shows you know zip about football.

I've said it before and I am sure I will again, doesn't it say more about him that he can't take that form to England? Put KDB in this team and he will play his game and be as brilliant as he is for us regardless of who is around him, why can't Sterling? Of course protect him what is annoying is seeing people being hypocrites by slating Rashford for things Sterling does but worse. They then swing the other way and are completely blinded to have any discussion on the lad because they are so protective. Like stuff you have put there you would play him because he's "such a threat". On that basis Rashford is a threat and provides pretty much the same for England. Looking dangerous and being a threat isn't overly complimentary, basically he has pace. I get called out on here with my views on him but I try to be as honest as I can and I have come on here several times this season praising his performances for us.
Now youre just making things up. You have absolutely no idea whether KDB would be able to play his normal city game in this England side and you never will.

What I would say is England have a history of players not carrying their club form into international football, this is nothing new with sterling. You could also say the same about Messi, has he ever really carried his Barca form onto the international stage on a Regular basis, I’d say he hasn’t. On that basis would u drop Messi as well?

You are talking absolute shite there pal, I think you need to ignore who they both play for and judge them for England. Sterling plays differently for City and my points aren't about club football but for England. Define constant threat, do you mean getting into fantastic positions and not picking out a team mate? Creating a chance to balloon over the bar? it's all guff people say "constant threat" "looks dangerous" it doesn't even mean anything. He is superior to the three you just mentioned but you don't just pick the best club players - look at Germany with Sane. England have suffered before shoehorning the best talent instead of having a system. By all means defend Sterling, argue why he should start but to say all that and slate Rashford clearly shows you know zip about football.

It's only opinions and some might say that describes you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.