Best Live Bands?

saw the stones about 20 years ago and they were average at best(btw their aircraft with the sticky fingers logo is at the airport)
muse have been the best live band I've seen followed closely by u2

You mean Mick lied when he said they catching the train (Northern Rail) to their next gig in Edinburgh ;-)

Muse are one of the best live bands around TBF.

Saw the Stones in 95 (I think) at Meadowhall on their "farewell" tour. They were brilliant

Back in the day, Rory Gallagher at the Apollo was fabulous

Hall and Oats at the Apollo. Teriffic

OMD were very very good

I've seen Simple Minds three times, Maine Road, GMex and lastly at Delamere park which was an absolutely superb gig, especially when you could just walk up to the stage and get so close whilst they were playing

Kasabian last November at the Arena. Fantastic

Am I allowed to mention Gary Glitter on those Christmas tours he did! He was shite, but who cared
On one he was supported by the Village People, who were great just for the novelty value

I should have included Rory Gallagher on my original list. I think I did see him at the Apollo but the first time was at the FTH and I hadn't even heard one of his records at that point but was blown away. Always remember the first several rows in front of the stage being reduced to scrap: it was bedlam.

I saw Hall & Oates at the Apollo when it was still the ABC Ardwick, which was first time I saw a gig there; I'm guessing that is the one you refer to. Rather proggy IIRC; definitely a good one.

Seen Simple Minds a few times at their commercial peak and they were good gigs too - excellent atmosphere.

I've seen Glitter and Kasabian too. The latter had a nice light-show.

Too young to see them in their pomp but Black Sabbath was awesome
Rage Against The Machine
Royal Blood
Foo Fighters
System of a Down

I once saw System of a Down support Black Sabbath; thought they were awful SOD that it is. I also saw Van Halen support Sabbath - that was good.

Went to Sabbath's last gig and it was an event.

Seen Royal Blood a few times.

Slade at Castle Donington was as good as it gets.
Whitesnake and Blackfoot on the same day were brilliant as well.
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals at the Edinburgh Picture House.
Elvis Costello and the Attractions,Neil Young,Spear of Destiny ans surprisingly Foreigner all at Edinburgh Playhouse.
Lucinda Williams at Glasgow Concert Hall.
The Clash,The Jam,Moorhead,AC/DC and Thin Lizzy at the Glasgow Apollo.
Lift to Experience in Edinburgh last year.
The Drive By Truckers any time I have seen them.

The Drive By Truckers are a wonderful band.

Thin Lizzy were a cracking live band at their best.

Ive seen loads of bands live but the best was without doubt Deep Purple

Seen Purple a few times but only after MKII reformed and I thought Blackmore, who is my favourite musician, was better with Rainbow. Wish I'd seen MkII & III before RB split the first time. I should still have put them on my original list as they were a truly amazing live band at their peak.

Anyone else old enough to remember the anarchy that was Bonzo Dog?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.