World Cup VAR

Makes perfect sense. One of the arguments against VAR was that tight offside calls would mean interrupting play, now they won't.

In theory it should be good but you just know it'll be a fucking shambles with 50% of everyone involved not knowing what the fuck to do. Personally, I can't wait.

How tight is 'tight'?
No daylight I presume. I see this as a positive development as the attacker was always supposed to get the benefit of the doubt with offside calls (one of the criticisms of the offside law was that it overly favoured defensive play) and that has never been the case, too many linesman flag to be safe as soon as they're unsure. Now that we have the technology to check offside on a final ball for a goal, we can have a more free flowing game by relaxing the offside rule.

In theory it should be good but you just know it'll be a fucking shambles with 50% of everyone involved not knowing what the fuck to do. Personally, I can't wait.

Nor can I.

I think it’s a great idea that the game will be allowed to flow.

If a side should score a goal, which is subsequently deemed to be offside by VAR, it’s much easier (and much less controversial) to award a free-kick than to disallow a perfectly good goal.

Apparently, the VAR refs and assistants are all required to wear full kit ffs...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.