World Cup VAR

They’ve also had a two week intensive camp going through it all over and over again.

I’m hoping it’s a resounding success and that the PL will look like the dinosaurs they are next season for not embracing technology. It’s no surprise that we were the only club in the top six that voted for VAR implementation.

I'm not knocking it, I just want to understand how it works in practice. Will they only review the offside if a goal is scored? Or would they check it if the attack ends in a corner as well?

They’ve also had a two week intensive camp going through it all over and over again.

I’m hoping it’s a resounding success and that the PL will look like the dinosaurs they are next season for not embracing technology. It’s no surprise that we were the only club in the top six that voted for VAR implementation.

Why should they embrace technology? They have a perfectly, in fact incredibly, successful 'product' already.

I'm not knocking it, I just want to understand how it works in practice. Will they only review the offside if a goal is scored? Or would they check it if the attack ends in a corner as well?
Good point, I presume they will check any tight calls and inform the officials accordingly

The one thing that bothers me about the tight offside call, What will happen if a liner flags a tight offside instead of letting it go, basically flagging and stopping the game VAR is no use then, as if I’m not mistaken it is still the liners call to raise his flag or not, I can just see it Sterling breaks tight call 1 on 1 with the German keeper and the flag goes up

Or am I being paranoid thinking that FIFA could influence a game this way

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.