World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

Watching that header from Kane I think it was a superb header. Could easily of missed that but finished it superbly.

Completely agree. On bbc they were saying how vital Maguire was bringing the ball out to create space but in all honesty having a three at the back your relying on a centre half (not the most technically gifted) to commit players and due to five at the back less players in front of you to pass too. Hence the turgid, square passing we saw second half.

A lot of that square passing is due to the left back and left sided centre half being right footed, I said it this afternoon that we need a balance and Young doesn’t offer it, easy for Tunisia to force us inside and backwards by just keeping shape. Needs Rose or Delph to start.

He an excellent goal scorer. Scoring goals is obviously vital but maybe England would be a better all-round team with someone that offered a bit more. Maybe they wouldn't be. Won't really know unless they try it which I can't imagine they'll do unless Kane gets injured.

The problem is in games when he doesn't score because he offers little else.
Do you really believe that?
He offers much more in my opinion.
Comes deep, links up around the box.
Good in possssion.

Oh give over.

We could have won by half a dozen and that's not including the two penalties we didn't get.
Quite a few assumptions in your assessment, so not sure why I am the one that should give over. Or am I wrong that we were drawing 1-1 until stoppage? Our finishing was nonexistent so “we could have won by half a dozen” is a gross exaggeration—we could have won by a cricket score if we put more quality crosses in, or through balls, or freekicks... the logic works both ways.

By the way, I spoke to the bad officiating and horrid fouling, so it’s a bit silly to have a go about that.

We should go 4 at the back in a conventional set up against Panama. Play Rose at LB and bring in Dier instead of Henderson, and no I am not a Spurs fan.

I see the usual En-ger-land lot are out in force tonight. Can't mods please create a separate thread for them to winge about their national team and anyone who doesn't play for City?

Good win against a stubborn, dirty team. They did fuck all and we won without playing close to our best.

It appears some Kane fans here are missing the point about team balance, sometimes a slightly lower goal scoring percentage is a good trade off if the whole team is playing better. Do we want to scrape wins or do we want the the team full of movement upfront with goals coming from everywhere BECAUSE of the better movement? Lost on some who like to think it's because everyone else has "blue tinted specs" on or some other self gratifying bullshit.

Is that outlandish to maybe try starting with Vardy and bringing Kane on in the second half where they will more likely be tired making it easier for Kane to find space for himself? Personally I don't think Kane was bad but if you're denying the lack of movement upfront in that second half then you've no place questioning what specs someone else is wearing. We're going to have tougher tests than that to face with better defences if we do progress.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.