Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You paid near enough £60m for an inexperienced centre back with zero experience in the league and £50m for full backs. People can go on about Man City pay more for defenders all they want, but attacking talent, especially talent proven in this league, costs more. When you consider what we're quoted for players... £15m for Roberts, £25m for Iheanacho, £25m for Maddison, then £75m is going to become the ball park figure for that sort of player I'm afraid.

Laporte had a buy out clause which was increased by £20m after we initially tried to sign him two seasons ago.

City tax.

Mahrez must be so sick of Leicester's shit by now. If this doesn't get done I wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't bother going back for next season. Only so many times they can keep fucking him about after promising him they would let him go.

You paid near enough £60m for an inexperienced centre back with zero experience in the league and £50m for full backs. People can go on about Man City pay more for defenders all they want, but attacking talent, especially talent proven in this league, costs more. When you consider what we're quoted for players... £15m for Roberts, £25m for Iheanacho, £25m for Maddison, then £75m is going to become the ball park figure for that sort of player I'm afraid.
We're not gonna overpay for him no matter how you spin it.

When you tell someone you take everything they say with a "Pinch of salt" you are insulting them. It isn't complicated.

When the alternative is allowing the rest of the forum to keep talking as if Tolmie is a 100% reliable source of information, I think he was well within his rights to point out the things that he's said in the past that haven't happened. Otherwise new posters will just assume that if Tolmie says something, it's true.

For what its worth (source: foxes transferforum):

B382005D-8829-4CAB-890B-004860467A81.thumb.png.aa2b278a6cfb4897aadf0116686206fa.png

9AB46410-1273-45ED-A34A-6C85055C90F0.thumb.png.484550ce6a6365b1c06f2000f01d40a9.png

I have a feeling that this transfer will drag on until the last transfer day and then, either LCFC will be in desperate situation for money or City abandoning the deal. I have a sense that this deal is still on (not being LFC-fekir optimist), but this might be a ploy from city to send out some sort of a message. (Think Jorginho)

£60m or whatever in the bank on the last day of the window is no good for them.

I think 75m in the current market is OK. There are all sorts of average players going for 30m. He is a former player of the year. And would improve us enormously. He is in his prime.

I think 75m in the current market is OK. There are all sorts of average players going for 30m. He is a former player of the year. And would improve us enormously. He is in his prime.

Put it this way. We should negotiate on it, and do every damned thing we can to bargain them down. Which we are doing, according to all the signs. But I don't think that sum, if we finally paid it, would have anything outrageous about it.
It would be a very expensive luxury, because I don't actually think we really need him. Would be nice to see him in that sky blue shirt, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.