City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by Jim B on SSC.

Spurs new single tier stand.

IMG_3664.jpg

Better pic

IMG_1495.jpg

Not a chance City will ever have an end like that, our owners dont think that way.Brilliant at promotong the brand but not really in tune with fans.
Not in tune with the fans? As a fan of more years than I care to remember, I’d much rather have the stadium we’ve got watching the players we’ve got than have a stadium like that or the Emirates where 4th place is the target and driving a hard bargain when you sell your best players is what you’re renowned for.

Not in tune with the fans? As a fan of more years than I care to remember, I’d much rather have the stadium we’ve got watching the players we’ve got than have a stadium like that or the Emirates where 4th place is the target and driving a hard bargain when you sell your best players is what you’re renowned for.

Some of the shite that comes out on the marketing side I think is a window into how the club see things.Dont believe they would ever consider building a stand like that on one end.Just think they are happy to have a more sanitised version of football pushing a global brand thats all.Its the only downside I see in our owners.

The team is fantastic and beats anything I have seen in my years of following the club.

Some of the shite that comes out on the marketing side I think is a window into how the club see things.Dont believe they would ever consider building a stand like that on one end.Just think they are happy to have a more sanitised version of football pushing a global brand thats all.Its the only downside I see in our owners.

The team is fantastic and beats anything I have seen in my years of following the club.
Well according to some we have /are seriously considered a single tier. Whether we do it will depend on practicality and cost as well as deciding if they would need to close the stand for a season, I think they would but I'm no engineer . But say they wouldn't ever consider it is just your opinion. You probably expect them to just do it at whatever cost out of their own funds.

I'm sure the club would prefer to mimic the South Stand , or build a larger double tiered stand, while retaining the lower tier of the North Stand during construction. But the club know the majority of the fans want a single tiered stand at the North End of the Etihad.

If that did happen, it would probably mean wholsale demolition of the North Stand, and no corporate facilities or executive boxes.

It depends what the club value more. Money and revenue, or the wishes of the fans and a much better atmosphere at the Etihad. Time will tell.

Well according to some we have /are seriously considered a single tier. Whether we do it will depend on practicality and cost as well as deciding if they would need to close the stand for a season, I think they would but I'm no engineer . But say they wouldn't ever consider it is just your opinion. You probably expect them to just do it at whatever cost out of their own funds.

Sounds as if considering a single tier is just your opinion based on according to some.

Sure they wouldnt have to close the stand but like you im no engineer.

I'm sure the club would prefer to mimic the South Stand , or build a larger double tiered stand, while retaining the lower tier of the North Stand during construction. But the club know the majority of the fans want a single tiered stand at the North End of the Etihad.

If that did happen, it would probably mean wholsale demolition of the North Stand, and no corporate facilities or executive boxes.

It depends what the club value more. Money and revenue, or the wishes of the fans and a much better atmosphere at the Etihad. Time will tell.

Thats why I dont think it will happen.Just my opinion mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.