Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mohamed Salah signs new Liverpool contract to 2023 and is hailed by Klopp

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lah-signs-new-liverpool-contract-jurgen-klopp

“Mo reflects where we are as a team, I think,” he said. “Last season was special with many special momentsbut we want more. We want to be more successful and achieve more together – as the supporters sang so loudly, ‘we’re never gonna stop’.”

Special moments: German for "no trophies'; "nothing'; "nada.

'Please Sir, I want some more.'

oliver-twist_300x300.jpg

Of bugger all presumably.

Last edited:
This isn't a show of loyalty by Salah but rather him cashing in whilst he is at his maximum worth.

He'll not be as good next year as he will have been worked out and if Barcelona come calling he'll soon disappear.

The reality is that he's only extended his contract by a year or so but probably doubled his wage. In short the next 5 years of Salah at Liverpool will cost them probably £25M more than if they'd have just kept him on his existing contract! Desperate Klopp will put a positive spin on anything, even in effect rebuying the player you already owned but for more money.

This isn't a show of loyalty by Salah but rather him cashing in whilst he is at his maximum worth.

He'll not be as good next year as he will have been worked out and if Barcelona come calling he'll soon disappear.

The reality is that he's only extended his contract by a year or so but probably doubled his wage. In short the next 5 years of Salah at Liverpool will cost them probably £25M more than if they'd have just kept him on his existing contract! Desperate Klopp will put a positive spin on anything, even in effect rebuying the player you already owned but for more money.

Exactly.

Klopp was right when he said...

“Mo reflects where we are as a team,”

Isn't that what every club does when they renegotiate a players contract? Raheem and Gabriel spring to mind

I never get this, "he will be found out" so won't be as good next season. It wasn't a surprise every week last season it was clear very early on his talents so why did no one find him out then and stop him playing? So much guff said in football. I do think if an actual team who might win things come in for him he may be off.

suarez signs new contract - leaves a year later
coutinho signs new contract - leaves a year later
salah signs new contract - "Massive statement by the club, 5 more years!"

yeah right

He is the next Vardy, wonder season, then oblivion, as previously stated, he will be off next year for sure and the dippers will cash in now he has a new contract..!
I sincerely hope you are right, I have nothing against Mo himself but that cult of a club has gone to the top of my most hated list after recent events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.