England finish 4th.

Over-achieved, flattered to deceive and far too little open play potency.

That said I enjoyed the ride and was more than happy to see a youthful team taken to a finals. There is for once a foundation on which to build.

Excellent post. Played 7 , won 3, drew 1 and lost 3. But the media like Southgate so tried to make it urban legend we over achieved LOL.

Spain won one game against a team ranked 37th in the world.

Germany won one game against a team ranked 24th in the world.

Argentina won one game against a team ranked 48th in the world.

As the knockout stages ended up unbalanced I think England probably got as far as was expected.

3-1-3 on the face of it is pretty average but, if you assume the 2 Belgium games weren't competed properly and Panama was a gimme we'd end up 2-1-1 with one of the least attractive styles of okay in the whole tournament.

On the plus side with only a couple of exceptions they played as a team with a gameplan for the first time in many years but without a new midfield we'll not be getting as far in the Euros or next WC.

Well done boys.

Easy to jump on the negative bandwagon but what’s the point in that.

Youngest squad and they gave it their all. That’s all that can be asked.

Too much hype . . . not enough substance. The Three Lions were never there. The media hyped it. Reality struck. Good numbers for Kane though. Woopty doo . . . I just wish I didn't use my credit cards at these places. Kind of scary actually . . . Also I heard one of them got injured but they didn't talk about it. It was more of a dental injury so they had to rush one of them to the dentist right away. it was related to their tooth filling issue. I can't tell you who it was though. One clue I can say is they got help from a doctor in Sugar land, Texas. They actually flew the doc over. There was a stop over in Clearwater as well. That's why it 8 hours for them to get any help. Either way, I'm just glad all this football drama is over.

Last edited:
Thank fuck that's over and now we can look forward to watching good football and better players again.

Well done boys.

Easy to jump on the negative bandwagon but what’s the point in that.

Youngest squad and they gave it their all. That’s all that can be asked.

Fuck off to the negativity I say
Young side majorly over achieved

Just happy that the miserable fucks had to wait to come out of the woodwork

We lost 2 meaningless games (against a team who we all know are better than us) and one in extra time in the World Cup semi final

Belgium on the other hand beat England twice but lost when they played France (again) when it mattered
And they actually thought they could win it

As the knockout stages ended up unbalanced I think England probably got as far as was expected.

3-1-3 on the face of it is pretty average but, if you assume the 2 Belgium games weren't competed properly and Panama was a gimme we'd end up 2-1-1 with one of the least attractive styles of okay in the whole tournament.

On the plus side with only a couple of exceptions they played as a team with a gameplan for the first time in many years but without a new midfield we'll not be getting as far in the Euros or next WC.
Very true
But we ain’t got a good def midfielder or anyone to create
So we probably did as well as we could
That’s why everyone is proud
There seems a connection now that was lost for a long time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.