The season after winning the PL

First they (rags and other detractors) said was ''you haven't won it by a greater points margin'' so 2 years later we won it by two points and then they said ''you only won it because of Slippy Steve'' so then we win it by a record breaking 19 points only to be told we have never retained it..... they keep changing the goalposts as we keep knocking them over!

First they (rags and other detractors) said was ''you haven't won it by a greater points margin'' so 2 years later we won it by two points and then they said ''you only won it because of Slippy Steve'' so then we win it by a record breaking 19 points only to be told we have never retained it..... they keep changing the goalposts as we keep knocking them over!
I think I mentioned before, we need to win it 3 times in a row, to be able to be discussed along with Huddersfield and United. (not)

...And 4 times to finally get past that onto the hallowed turf of actually being armchair 'relevant'...

The record books, like Manchester, are turning blue.

It's mad isn't it,i despair at blues saying the same things,what do they want blood lol

The only reason we won't retain next season is due to the mentality, it's the main thing that cost us previously, players became to relaxed and conflicts with Mancini as well as the relaxed perosna of Pellegrini cost us. However with pep I don't see this squad relaxing and settling, with the signing of Mahrez and hopefully competition with Ferna will push the squad more.

Still, might as well be Celtic, as some bitter says.
Haha, I'd love to chant "we might as well be Celtic" if we go 3 nil up against them knob heads in the Derby.

We destroyed the league last season and I really don't believe Pep will stand for complacency this year. I am concerned that Fernandinho and Siva may not be able to reproduce the same form of last season, when they were both outstanding and played a major part in our domination. Fresh faces are important and decent signings they must be. After both previous titles, we seemed to bring in mediocre players rather than moving forward. Personally I'd like to see another forward to compete with Aguero's & Jesus' places, plus a DM.
I also predict some very frustrating games with lots of parking the bus but I can't see any reason why we can't, comfortably win the league again.

Obviously, mentality and squad quality are two very decisive factors when trying to come up with a prognosis for the season coming up. But of even greater significance, I'd say, is the mentality and squad depth of our opponents. They will likely be a lot stronger than last season, but just how much stronger is yet to see.
They have a bigger margin for improvement to work with than we do, as we last season were pretty much perfect. But even if all our greatest challengers up their game with, let's say 30%, we should still be contenders for the title, and if we raise our game with a mere 10%, if possible, well others will have to come up with something very special to dethrone us.

I personally feel Liverpool will be our absolutely biggest rival this season, and I think if we do not retain the tile, it is theirs. The first quarter of the season is going to be very interesting to watch, we'll then see how this summer (WC, transfers) has effected our game day quality, and will fatigue be a factor is the latter stages of the season? Will we be ready for that?

Brig it on, I say. I can't wait for it to begin again, and somewhere in the back of my mind I believe in another record breaking season.

Let's show no fuc**ng mercy.

the mentality is key and also to puff out our shoulders and stand tall and show why we are what we are champions, we must go again this season and its my major aim and target we should forget champions league that the club keep hoping for a run to the final and fall on out faces then anything else like the both cups is a bonus

pressure will be also play a major part that 100 points and 107 goals could be the stumbling block, the media and fans will be wanting more of that sort of thing every week and when things don't go our way the players could be picking up soft cards and sending off's again, we must guard from teams winding us up and lets not go back to this like the season before when we give the referee every chance to book us and red card us for silly things

i think the new season will be a slow burner up until christmas with players coming back from the world cup and finding there legs again, then i see a big push for the title and europe and some very big games with the run in so maybe a slow start to a cracking end to the season

I am more looking forward to how we will play this season. Having Mendy back is like having a new player. What set up will we play. We have enough defenders to play 3 man defence with wing backs if we wish. I honestly think that this season Pep many well thinker about with the formation and it may well help the aging Fernandhino who was brilliant last season. Having the extra defender in there will help a lot. Or if we continue as we did last year we got so many different ways to go forward and with Pep you just never know what he is going to see and do.

A lot of players will play there part and if we can get 1 more in it would be great but if it is only Mahrez unlike before i think we have enough to go for the title again. I doubt it very much we will get 100 points this season but we have a great team and that winning experience for the younger players they will only get better from winning the first league.
I really don't like a true 3-5-2 formation of the 'keeper, three centre halves, two full backs paying on the wing, a holding midfielder, two attacking mids and two strikers.

What it does is either takes out two proper creative/goalscoring players from wide areas and replaces them with full backs who are defenders first, or you lose a creative midfielder to accommodate another unneeded centre half. When you play against teams who sit back, and you play a true 3-5-2 you either have seven of your eleven players on the pitch who are defensive minded when you're trying to break a team down or you have to rely on wingers getting back to defend when the opposition counter attack if you've gone for Sané and Mahrez over Mendy and Walker.

I absolutely loved watching our attacking 2-3-2-3 last season
-----------------------'keeper-------------------------
-------------centre half---centre half-------------
------full back---holding mid---full back---------
----------creative mid---creative mid-------------
winger---------------striker------------------winger

You do not need a third centre half when you're trying to break a team down, it actually hinders it... and without it you also have a fifth attacking/creative/goalscoring player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.