Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I know it's beginning to look like i'm the only **** who posts in here now but if anyone is actually out there, any tips for training for a triathlon? My running and cycling should be fine, though i need to master the transitional side of it, i've started my swimming so i'm confident i'll be Ok for the 1000 metre swim, and obviously tying them together will come with practice but i'm hoping for any tips of any experts on here?

After completing Insanity, I have now moved onto Max 30.

It’s week three and I’m enjoying it thus far.

However, with regards to results, I am somewhat disappointed.

I think I’ve gained about a kg (I now weight 67.6kg) and my body fat has actually increased to 15% - if my scales are to be believed.

I guess I need to eat less sugar.

I think I’ve gained about a kg (I now weight 67.6kg) and my body fat has actually increased to 15% - if my scales are to be believed.

Wow!

I'm doing Insanity and I'm defo seeing a change! But, then I've cut way down on sugar and I'm trying to use the correct form.

Just coming into week 4, mind, so I may understand what you mean by the end of it!

After my run of Insanity, I go on hols for a week then I'm doing Insanity Asylum & Asylum 2 rather than Max 30.

Not sure about Max 30, yet.

Wow!

I'm doing Insanity and I'm defo seeing a change! But, then I've cut way down on sugar and I'm trying to use the correct form.

Just coming into week 4, mind, so I may understand what you mean by the end of it!

After my run of Insanity, I go on hols for a week then I'm doing Insanity Asylum & Asylum 2 rather than Max 30.

Not sure about Max 30, yet.

Oh. Don’t get me wrong. I did see some positive changes but I have had too many off days with regards to my diet.

I’m too lazy to follow Beachbody’s nutrition plan and I probably eat too much fruit.

I think I prefer Max 30 to Insanity as it’s obviously quite a bit shorter and gets my HR up more.

For some reason, I stopped Insanity three days before it was due to end. I think I became bored with the workouts in the second month after a while. Max Interval Plyo is particularly brutal. There were way too many variations on the push-up in that workout.

But that being said, Shaun T’s workout programs are perfect for someone as socially awkward as me.

Best of luck with your fitness journey!

Oh. Don’t get me wrong. I did see some positive changes but I have had too many off days with regards to my diet.

I’m too lazy to follow Beachbody’s nutrition plan and I probably eat too much fruit.

I think I prefer Max 30 to Insanity as it’s obviously quite a bit shorter and gets my HR up more.

For some reason, I stopped Insanity three days before it was due to end. I think I became bored with the workouts in the second month after a while. Max Interval Plyo is particularly brutal. There were way too many variations on the push-up in that workout.

But that being said, Shaun T’s workout programs are perfect for someone as socially awkward as me.

Best of luck with your fitness journey!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't follow the nutritional plan at all!!

I'm doing IF along with this, so that may be making the difference?

Whilst my sugar intake is way down, IF and Insanity allow me to have some pleasures in that regard as my body seems to self correct, which is fine.

As for main meals, it's mostly one main meal of lean meats and a quinoa concoction or a green bean melée and fish both with water!!

Let me know what the Max 30 ends up being like?!

Good luck!

Never rely solely on exercise to lose weight, and definitely do not think that in doing exercise you're allowed to cheat with your meals. Sort your diet first, exercise after.

Never rely solely on exercise to lose weight, and definitely do not think that in doing exercise you're allowed to cheat with your meals. Sort your diet first, exercise after.

Whilst I agree, my diet mainly consists of protein shakes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, broccoli, quinoa, chick peas and chicken. I don’t eat chocolate or sweets and never drink alcohol or any other beverage that contains calories. Unfortunately I tend to eat too many bananas and usually graze on dried fruit, and my servings of peanut butter are probably bigger than they should be.

It doesn’t help that my fitness goals aren’t exactly clear.

Despite being over 6ft and weighing under 150lbs, I don’t look like I’m in good shape. The Insanity programs have helped but I still look kind of like a sloth, and strangely my bellybutton veers to one side. :o

As an autistic guy with ADHD, I tend to be an obsessive thinker. But I don’t particularly want to become fixated on being as fit as possible. I usually have conflicted feelings about myself after working out. I think it’s a mixture of pride and guilt. I don’t want to turn into Patrick Bateman. :p

Whilst I agree, my diet mainly consists of protein shakes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, broccoli, quinoa, chick peas and chicken. I don’t eat chocolate or sweets and never drink alcohol or any other beverage that contains calories. Unfortunately I tend to eat too many bananas and usually graze on dried fruit, and my servings of peanut butter are probably bigger than they should be.

It doesn’t help that my fitness goals aren’t exactly clear.

Despite being over 6ft and weighing under 150lbs, I don’t look like I’m in good shape. The Insanity programs have helped but I still look kind of like a sloth, and strangely my bellybutton veers to one side. :o

As an autistic guy with ADHD, I tend to be an obsessive thinker. But I don’t particularly want to become fixated on being as fit as possible. I usually have conflicted feelings about myself after working out. I think it’s a mixture of pride and guilt. I don’t want to turn into Patrick Bateman. :p

Dr J, it sounds like you don't know what you want!

I would focus on one thing, like getting the technique right (like pulling your belly button in for all exercises or whatever), so the impact of what you're aiming for comes through.

I think tweaking what you're doing would make all the difference to your confidence/ results.

Dr J, it sounds like you don't know what you want!

I would focus on one thing, like getting the technique right (like pulling your belly button in for all exercises or whatever), so the impact of what you're aiming for comes through.

I think tweaking what you're doing would make all the difference to your confidence/ results.

Thanks, Bigga.

I think the issue with my bellybutton might be due to spending too many years hunched in front of a computer. My posture is appalling, and one of my shoulders is always higher than the other.

With regards to my unclear fitness aims, I guess it would be good to reduce my body fat % to as near to 10% as possible. I don’t want to be big, though. If I could get as near to anyone’s physique in the world, it would be Ronaldo’s. But that’s just a tad unrealistic. And no, I’m not referring to the one who used to play for Brazil. :p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.