Miralem Pjanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we cant rest on our laurels and some of our fans are envious of what Liverpool are spending. I'm extremely happy with the squad weve got. Although we do have places in the squad we could strengthen, is it worth spending money on squad fillers as we have in the past.
Just think Mendy will be like a new signing, Mahrez is a great signing, B Silva is now settled in the squad. Sane is coming off a great season and had the summer off.
It's not envy, it's about progress because if others around us strengthen whilst we don't, we're effectively putting ourselves in reverse gear. How long until the rest catch & pass us?

We need world class players for CM, CDM & LW. By doing so we, we're keeping clear sky blue water between us & the rest. By not doing so, they'll be landing on our beaches by August 10th.

It's not envy, it's about progress because if others around us strengthen whilst we don't, we're effectively putting ourselves in reverse gear. How long until the rest catch & pass us?

We need world class players for CM, CDM & LW. By doing so we, we're keeping clear sky blue water between us & the rest. By not doing so, they'll be landing on our beaches by August 10th.

Perfectly put. I don't understand why everyone doesn't agree with this, it's absolutely true.

No-one will be celebrating saving £50m if Scousers or rags are lifting the title next May. After Khaldoon's speech at the end of the season I assumed we'd be spending to stay ahead.

When you've built a team that achieves a record result you build on it with one or two judicious signings. We don't need 3 full backs etc this season. We need to get the maximum out of this group and sustain it in a way that we didn't do with Mancini's side.

So by your reckoning we need to bring 3 in, i'll give you Zinchenko, but which other 2 players are you getting rid of, and which better players are you bringing in ?

When you've built a team that achieves a record result you build on it with one or two judicious signings. We don't need 3 full backs etc this season. We need to get the maximum out of this group and sustain it in a way that we didn't do with Mancini's side.

This +1

People need to understand our rivals are spending to try and catch us up we are spending to stay ahead

This +1

People need to understand our rivals are spending to try and catch us up we are spending to stay ahead
And we also have an Academy too. Foden etc. If Mahrez, Foden and Mendy break into the first team that's a significant addition.

When you buy players like Jesus, Bernardo and Sane, you make a long term commitment and watch them grow and develop with the club. You dont throw them out and replace especially when they've just had an amazing season. I don't think anyone is saying that to be honest. It's a just a question of whether City go out and try and strengthen the defensive midfield position. I wouldn't unless our identikit player becomes available because I want to see young players come through and I see that as the way that this club develops. I think we are at the point where we don't know how could they are unless we try but that is the nature with young players.

There is a tension between buying success, staying at the top of the tree and introducing young players. But we don't have to do it wholesale. One or two young players into the first team squad and going from 5 apps to 5-10 is all that's required.

Totally agree...we have Mahrez, another signing would be great. But we have Mendy back which will be like a new signing after his bad luck last season

Cant wait for it all to start : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.