Miralem Pjanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Em.. we weren't exactly sitting in the back seat watching last season. We won two trophies

I know we did mate. Just think it’s a big ask for Fernandinho to have another season like last year, particularly at 33 years old and to avoid injury. Sometimes the fall off is sudden and not always a slow decline.

A poor World cup?

After the last World Cup when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 he took a lot of stick in Brazil and had his worst season for us. This time he took a lot of criticism again after his performance v Belgium. So yes, I’m concerned. Plus he has barely had a break now for years.

After the last World Cup when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 he took a lot of stick in Brazil and had his worst season for us. This time he took a lot of criticism again after his performance v Belgium. So yes, I’m concerned. Plus he has barely had a break now for years.
He came in from the cold,and was expected to perform in a team where individualism was the main criteria,and you expect him to look like he regularly does in our shirt?

It wasn't gonna happen,and while he's 33,he's as lean as they come and looks after himself brilliantly.Yes id like a10 year younger clone of him,but i think the 'concern' is hugely exaggerated.

As for Pjanic,he's never struck me as outstanding and he's 29 next birthday.

Spoke with a Juve supporter that watches all their games yesterday and he said that Pjanic is amazing and much better than Jorginho in his opinion. Involved in more or less every game and seems like a very important player. Would be happy if this happened, then we have an even stronger squad compared to last year.

Come on City, do it. If the club is serious about further progress in the CL, it's time to get Dinho's replacement. I don't even think the price means that much, as it's a major weakness of the squad that should be fixed ASAP. Guardiola isn't going to coach City forever, give him the best possible tools whilst he's here.

Why is Pjanic being touted as Fernandinho's replacement? They aren't alike at all.

Good player but would be a high cost & at a late stage of the career. Not sure he'd be worth it.

Sometimes it’s worth spunking big dough on a top top player, regardless of resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.