Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

Just seen an interview on Skysports. It looks like he has got over the disappointment of the World Cup. He seems very grounded. Let's hope he goes up another level so maybe gets near double the goals and assists he got last year.

He's got everything he needs to become the next World Class player, I really hope he starts putting up 20 a season.

It will be interesting how much game time Leroy will get once Mendy is back to his full fitness. When Mendy was fit for the first 5 games, Sane only played as a substitute in a 3-1-4-2 formation

It will be interesting how much game time Leroy will get once Mendy is back to his full fitness. When Mendy was fit for the first 5 games, Sane only played as a substitute in a 3-1-4-2 formation
Mendy should be the best thing that ever happens to Sané individually. With Mendy providing width and crosses from the left, Sané is free to get into the box and should score a lot more goals, make a lot more central runs at clumsy CB's and even roam around a bit.

Mendy should be the best thing that ever happens to Sané individually. With Mendy providing width and crosses from the left, Sané is free to get into the box and should score a lot more goals, make a lot more central runs at clumsy CB's and even roam around a bit.
I see your point. However, I have a feeling that Pep will use 3-5-2 (3-1-4-2) more often once Mendy is fully fit and in a 3-5-2 formation there is no place for a pure winger. I don't see Sane as one of the two strikers in 3-5-2. Unless Pep decides to play 4-3-3 with both Mendy and Sane on the left flank.

I see your point. However, I have a feeling that Pep will use 3-5-2 (3-1-4-2) more often once Mendy is fully fit and in a 3-5-2 formation there is no place for a pure winger. I don't see Sane as one of the two strikers in 3-5-2. Unless Pep decides to play 4-3-3 with both Mendy and Sane on the left flank.

If Sané is playing well, Guardiola will pick him. Simple as. If he's outstanding on the left wing, Pep will pick a formation with a left wing.

With Mendy fit we should finally see some of Sane on the right, which is what I've been patiently waiting for for almost a year now.

In fact. Sane, Sterling, and Silva (the Bernardo variety) should all massively benefit from having Mendy back and Mahrez in.

Just these two players gives Pep a boatload of new options tactically, in terms of formations and style.

They'll be loads of games where it's Sane on the left and Sterling on the right like last season, but importantly they'll be all sorts of others too.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing if our way of playing at OT was a preview of anything, with Sterling central, Sane on the right and Jesus on the left.

If anything I think Sane could play in the space between fullback and centre half, with Mendy out wide. A nightmare to mark him there who would pick him up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.