The Boxing thread

Its crazy that the Whyte v Parker fight is on box office the card is poor. Its a Fight night card. Taylor in a title defence hardly any 50-50 fights which is sad. I will say it again some fighters just aint PPV and Whyte aint.
Some of the undercard fights were quite decent but with all the pull outs now its a disgrace. Buatsi fighting some no mark (The Summers fight looked a good one) Webb vs Allen (Who was tweeting about how he has retired just days ago, and then on saturday was tweeting about eating chinese and guzzling fanta) replacing Eggington vs Cook which replaced Brook vs Cook.

Benn vs Peynaud 2 will be entertaining due to the lack of quality, Katie Taylor is too good and miles ahead of anyone they put her in with.

The top 2 fights are decent but £15 for two fights? Not for me.

Some of the undercard fights were quite decent but with all the pull outs now its a disgrace. Buatsi fighting some no mark (The Summers fight looked a good one) Webb vs Allen (Who was tweeting about how he has retired just days ago, and then on saturday was tweeting about eating chinese and guzzling fanta) replacing Eggington vs Cook which replaced Brook vs Cook.

Benn vs Peynaud 2 will be entertaining due to the lack of quality, Katie Taylor is too good and miles ahead of anyone they put her in with.

The top 2 fights are decent but £15 for two fights? Not for me.

Regarding the fights. Dublin is crying out for a fight night big time. Katie Taylor shouldnt be at this stage being a undercard fight. She could easy get the 3 arena in Dublin filled by herself. The only thing stopping it sadly the MTK and the ban on there fighters in Dublin links to criminals over here. So sadly the fights are all pie in the sky. The sad thing is her next fight is out in Chicago too. So technically a Taylor fight in Dublin wont happen until 2019 at the earliest which is nuts. Irish boxing is booming. A card could easily be made with Taylor and Jason Quigley and few local fights with the talent here and the crowds will flock to see it. Just sad that the golden age of boxing here is just not getting a look in because of MTK and there links to crime.

It just seems Matchroom is struggling to find fights with the pull outs. Sadly Hearn seems to think Whyte , Brook , AJ and Bellew are all PPV fighters not many are on that list.

Regarding the fights. Dublin is crying out for a fight night big time. Katie Taylor shouldnt be at this stage being a undercard fight. She could easy get the 3 arena in Dublin filled by herself. The only thing stopping it sadly the MTK and the ban on there fighters in Dublin links to criminals over here. So sadly the fights are all pie in the sky. The sad thing is her next fight is out in Chicago too. So technically a Taylor fight in Dublin wont happen until 2019 at the earliest which is nuts. Irish boxing is booming. A card could easily be made with Taylor and Jason Quigley and few local fights with the talent here and the crowds will flock to see it. Just sad that the golden age of boxing here is just not getting a look in because of MTK and there links to crime.

It just seems Matchroom is struggling to find fights with the pull outs. Sadly Hearn seems to think Whyte , Brook , AJ and Bellew are all PPV fighters not many are on that list.

The reason he thinks they are PPV fighters mate is because clowns have made them PPV fighters, buying shite like Bellew Clev 2, Bellew vs Haye TWICE. For some reason the casual fans lap up everything Eddie comes out with, will Dillian Whyte be happy making anything other than PPV money from now on?

The reason he thinks they are PPV fighters mate is because clowns have made them PPV fighters, buying shite like Bellew Clev 2, Bellew vs Haye TWICE. For some reason the casual fans lap up everything Eddie comes out with, will Dillian Whyte be happy making anything other than PPV money from now on?

These are clearly not PPV fighters. However, when he's had a spurious PPV headline event in the past, he's usually compensated for that with an absolutely stacked undercard of 50/50 or 60/40 fights.

This time, not only is the main event not worthy, but the whole card itself has been very poor from the start, and has been worsened by pullouts.

I hope it falls flat on it's face on Saturday, and forces EH and Sky to re-think their PPV approach.

I dont think its what Dillian Whyte thinks his worth is this will be him headline twice so far once against AJ thats crazy if you ask me. There is some fights that are worthy to be PPV fights were you would be like I can see why.
Khan v Brook PPV only will happen there other fights for both fighters should be on normal Sky Sports.
Whyte v AJ 2 as he is fighting AJ and all his fights are on PPV.
Crolla v Luke Campbell the rest of there fights on normal sky.

I think all of the fighters know there worth but having Bellew as a PPV star is nuts. Sure some might be heading over to the US to fight again with Hearns deal over there which wont be a bad thing.

Whyte v Parker, Chisora v Takam, Brook v Cook plus Benn and Taylor was a worthy ppv i reckon but obviously the pull-outs have dampened the card as Hearn himself has said. It's a tough one but I've got a feeling the ain event is gonna be a really good one with both of them going at it. Hearn has also tried to create a brawl between Allen and Webb by doubling the purse for the winner. Whether it's value for money or not is one thing, but I'm really looking forward to the action.

Predictions for the two main fights? I'm going for a dominant points win for Taylor and Parker by stoppage in the 8th or 9th. White is good and has a bit of power but Parker is a clever, strong boxer who's way better on the inside than the ref let him show against AJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.