The Boxing thread

Surely worth having a fight with AJ first?

I actually like the idea of the rematch just to see what changes Fury makes

He'll fight Usyk to try to regain his pride. If he loses again, he'll retire. There's no way he'd want to put his reputation at further risk by fighting again. If Fury wins, Usyk will want (and get) another rematch.

Joshua would get absolutely battered by either of them imo.

Apparently the IBF rate set to strip Usyk of his belt if he doesn’t defend against the mandatory. Boxing is a joke.How are you supposed to unify the belts if the authorities act like cunts

Apparently the IBF rate set to strip Usyk of his belt if he doesn’t defend against the mandatory. Boxing is a joke.How are you supposed to unify the belts if the authorities act like cunts

That isn't why they exist. It's not been done since Lennox Lewis because it's so difficult, they are all rival organisations. They make money from fights, fewer fights less money for the federations.

They have less financial interest in someone staying at the top hoovering up all the belts and having fights rearranged to accommodate "a long reign" as undisputed champion.

Boxers retired for 4/5 years in their 40s convince themselves they could still do it and I’m sure Fury will be saying to himself if it wasn’t for the 9th round he’d have won

I think it will happen

Enjoyed the fight. After the antics of Fury and his Dad i've gone off him. Even more so when he was bouncing around the ring like a knobber.

I think the fight would have been a draw if it wasn't for the knockdown which rightfully won it for Usyk. Who i'm a big fan of. Some fighter.

I said at the time aswell he's a later round fighter. He comes into the fight from round 7 onwards and he did. I also think he knew he'd won it after the knockdown and knew Tyson needed a stoppage/KO so didn't fuck about. Played it really really well.

Fully deserved UNDISPUTED champion.

That isn't why they exist. It's not been done since Lennox Lewis because it's so difficult, they are all rival organisations. They make money from fights, fewer fights less money for the federations.

They have less financial interest in someone staying at the top hoovering up all the belts and having fights rearranged to accommodate "a long reign" as undisputed champion.
It is difficult because the different organisations want it to be. They all want a slice of the cake and one person dominating the weight doesn’t suit the agenda

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.