Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

_OVO_

Thought he was really good today. Still a bit rusty and not at THAT level, but training under Pep for the next few months could turn him into a suitable backup for Dinho at the very least.

Its odd that Girona didn't give him more starts as it's obvious he can play.In the middle of the park he's very difficult to dispossess and he recognises danger very quickly,he's also technically decent with an eye for a pass.

I certainly think there's plenty to build upon and i can see why the club signed him.

Its odd that Girona didn't give him more starts as it's obvious he can play.In the middle of the park he's very difficult to dispossess and he recognises danger very quickly,he's also technically decent with an eye for a pass.

I certainly think there's plenty to build upon and i can see why the club signed him.
Spot on

Is it odd? Midfield was the one position they were stocked in last year and is where their best player and captain both play. Also plays the same position as the other midfielder we lent them. Poorly thought out loan from the start.

Is it odd? Midfield was the one position they were stocked in last year and is where their best player and captain both play. Also plays the same position as the other midfielder we lent them. Poorly thought out loan from the start.
We lent them Garcia who is more forward thinking in his play.While you may have a point with their own player,Luiz and Garcia would compliment each other i believe.

I'm not sure it was poorly thought out either,perhaps Girona simply moved the goal posts in terms of their 'promises'.

We don't really know what the Girona situation was but he clearly has sone talent. He snuffed out so many of Bayern's attacks, protected the ball beautifully and distributed it intelligently. He was also very highly thought of by a number of experts in Brazilian football.

We lent them Garcia who is more forward thinking in his play.While you may have a point with their own player,Luiz and Garcia would compliment each other i believe.

I'm not sure it was poorly thought out either,perhaps Girona simply moved the goal posts in terms of their 'promises'.
I don't remember Garcia playing much else besides as the deepest lying midfielder, could be wrong though. Possible they moved the goalposts, but survival was always going to be the priority over playing our loan players unless they were ready to contribute right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.