Joey Barton

People seem to forget Joey is an international footballer, and stayed with us an extra year to help us out.

There is an inaccuracy in there around his coaching qualifications. In their haste to pain't him as a thick Scouse thug they have missed the fact he has his uefa A badge. Took me all of 5 seconds to google it and find an interview with the bbc in 2014 where he talked of wanting to become a coach.

I'm not a Barton fanboy by any stretch but I do think it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

The author also makes a point about his on-field thuggery based on his 6 red cards in 260 something games but, again, a quick google reveals that thugs like Richard Dunne and Ugo Ehiogu (amongst many others) accumulated red cards at a faster rate. Goes on about his stretch in Strangeways and, just in case we missed the point, goes on about it again later. Clearly has an agenda.

Barton has been, at best, foolish over the years. This may be last chance saloon for him. I hope he takes it and moves on with his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.