Julian Weigl

It’s not really how City operate. They wouldn’t have bothered to comment on speculation if we were genuinely after him. The fact that they briefed journalists that there is no interest should probably be taken at face value.

Ric, genuine question....why brief you not interested in a player? All these names getting mentioned are just internet rumours and fans guessing/throwing names around....Whether the interest is real or not. Just dont get why we would want to waste our time denying something.....if anything, by not denying a rumour, it might push the price up for some of these players and make it more expensive for the top 4 in the prem to improve...denying only clears the way and makes life easier, surely? If we didnt want these rumours to start, it might have been best not to confirm we trying to sign cover for Fern, then maybe there would have been no rumours to deny? cheers

Danny-Dyer.png

Norvern Slaaags
Hahahaha Top one

Ric, genuine question....why brief you not interested in a player? All these names getting mentioned are just internet rumours and fans guessing/throwing names around....Whether the interest is real or not. Just dont get why we would want to waste our time denying something.....if anything, by not denying a rumour, it might push the price up for some of these players and make it more expensive for the top 4 in the prem to improve...denying only clears the way and makes life easier, surely? If we didnt want these rumours to start, it might have been best not to confirm we trying to sign cover for Fern, then maybe there would have been no rumours to deny? cheers

It’s so we don’t get used by agents in contract negotiations when we have no intentions of moving for a player.

For me the only reason for the club to deny a rumour is if there’s something in it for them.

If Weigl has to complete a move to PSG in order for us to buy one of PSG’s players, it would make perfect sense to issue a denial that we’re in for Weigl..

It’s so we don’t get used by agents in contract negotiations when we have no intentions of moving for a player.

For me the only reason for the club to deny a rumour is if there’s something in it for them.

If Weigl has to complete a move to PSG in order for us to buy one of PSG’s players, it would make perfect sense to issue a denial that we’re in for Weigl..

Cheers lads

Don't think he is "special". I can only think of Frankie De Jong, Ndombele and Savic. The latter 2 are not exactly similar to the first one.
I think Pep's definition of Special and the regular fans definition differ.

Pep was simply suggesting someone who could do the job asked and also wanted to come here. (In contrast to Jorghino who didn't). Not to be confused with being special (I.e world reknownly special as in good.)

All that said :)

I think Pep's definition of Special and the regular fans definition differ.

Pep was simply suggesting someone who could do the job asked and also wanted to come here. (In contrast to Jorghino who didn't). Not to be confused with being special (I.e world reknownly special as in good.)

All that said :)

Yeah, I think you’re right.

Lots of noise from Germany on Weigl being City's next DM choice in January.
As to whether he's 1st choice or the crash test dummy for Utd to buy - who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.