Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s his partnership with Mendy I’m looking forward to in terms of how it develops. In theory it should be frightening, with all that pace and power down the same flank, opposing right sided players should be in for a horrible 90 minutes. Alternatively it may take a while to ensure they’re not making similar runs and getting in the way of each other, or Mendy’s willingness to get forward hinders Sané from isolating full-backs and getting in those one on one situations where he’s so dangerous.
Mendy looked better once Mahrez was on the left, they linked up a lot better.

It's his place, not Sterling's that's likely to be the most threatened moving forwards. Not that that's a bad thing.

With Mendy back, we're no longer so dependent on Sane for width. This actually opens up a load of new options for that left wing; Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus as well as possibly Delph, Foden and Diaz too all now have the opportunity to play that role. So with Sane there's a new pressure on him to hold down that spot. I don't think Sterling will have quite that pressure; he's generally more consistent and his hold up play and consistent goal scoring threat is likely to mean he's always near the front of the list.

There's always been an undertone with Sane that there's maybe an attitude problem, most recently emanating from Germany after his non-inclusion. I think this season's a great one to prove all that wrong once and for all.

Watching the space Mendy was occupying in attacks doesnt make much sense to stick Sane front of him.

The arrival of Mahrez and Mendy's comeback looks to me to reasons for Sane's game time to be cut seriously. Maybe I am wrong but will be interested to see how Pep is approaching this situation. Is he going for automatic rotation like next game vs Huddersfield Sane is back in to start or is he gonna wait until someone hits bad form and then Sane is gonna have couple of games to prove himself.

Certainly injuries gonna play a part.

Watching the space Mendy was occupying in attacks doesnt make much sense to stick Sane front of him.

The arrival of Mahrez and Mendy's comeback looks to me to reasons for Sane's game time to be cut seriously. Maybe I am wrong but will be interested to see how Pep is approaching this situation. Is he going for automatic rotation like next game vs Huddersfield Sane is back in to start or is he gonna wait until someone hits bad form and then Sane is gonna have couple of games to prove himself.

Certainly injuries gonna play a part.
I don't think Mendy will be getting in Sane's way to be honest, he's got enough intelligence in his game that he can use the runner to his advantage.

Also, Mendy won't be playing every game and his replacements don't play in the same manner.

Could also see Sane deployed on the right side at times as well.

IMO it looks like he has spat his dummy out over something, hope I am wrong

And so the bashing begins.....

Never fails bluemoon

Some would of turned down the greatest goalscorer in the modern era on the same premise... oh wait, we’re holistic and one in every aspect of the club. Are we now really suggesting his place is at risk??? Oki dokie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.