Leroy Sane - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep not happy with his performances/attitude in training again or someone knows why he didn’t play a minute tonight?
He played well when he did play,we are really short on bodies for the chavs and the first prem game,he is being careful with who we have,wrong to assume he has an attitude problem

I'd have thought he might not have wanted to risk him last night. I'm pretty sure Pep knows everything about his attitude by now!

Sane didn't feature last night because as I said before there is no place for natural wingers in this 3-5-2 formation. Against Liverpool he played as a false 9 after coming on as a substitute. 3-5-2 is a no go for natural wingers. It's quite obvious that Pep prefers 3-5-2 over 4-3-3. All these discussions about Sane's poor attitude is complete nonsense.

He didn’t want to risk sane after what happened to Mahrez but word around town is he is sharp very very sharp and ready to start the season...and the signature Afro will Be back

It could work especially with our limited options in the beginning of the season. We could play a 3-5-2 with Leroy and Bernardo up top and Mendy as the wingback.

The 2nd striker in this formation is much deeper so those who play no. 10 will seem to get time there. Of the major first team players here, we've seen Mahrez and Bernardo already do so, but I can also see Sterling in that role as I believe Jesus was the #1 option for the role last season. Not as convinced that Sane is as ideal as the deeper striker rather than the main option in that setup.

However, I can see him getting more time as the primary striker outside of just at the start of the season (WC player recovery gap), and possibly as a future major role for him with the team. This could be something to develop him into rather than spending £100m+ on say someone like Dybala next summer. I have a feeling this is in Pep's mind.

Imo, if he starts playing more down the middle, he will score at least as many goals as Mbappe.

We shall see, but it crossed my mind as well, and I suspect something like this is what Pep is thinking for the season. Sane and Sterling as our 3rd & 4th choice strikers.

Sane has more technical quality with his finishing than Sterling, as we all can see. Pep could even play them as the 2 strikers as the season goes on and if there are injuries.

KDB I suspect will also be an emergency striker, hence why we're not in for one, nor do I think Nmecha is really an option anytime soon.

The 2nd striker in this formation is much deeper so those who play no. 10 will seem to get time there. Of the major first team players here, we've seen Mahrez and Bernardo already do so, but I can also see Sterling in that role as I believe Jesus was the #1 option for the role last season. Not as convinced that Sane is as ideal as the deeper striker rather than the main option in that setup.

However, I can see him getting more time as the primary striker outside of just at the start of the season (WC player recovery gap), and possibly as a future major role for him with the team. This could be something to develop him into rather than spending £100m+ on say someone like Dybala next summer. I have a feeling this is in Pep's mind.

We shall see, but it crossed my mind as well, and I suspect something like this is what Pep is thinking for the season. Sane and Sterling as our 3rd & 4th choice strikers.

Sane has more technical quality with his finishing than Sterling, as we all can see. Pep could even play them as the 2 strikers as the season goes on and if there are injuries.

KDB I suspect will also be an emergency striker, hence why we're not in for one, nor do I think Nmecha is really an option anytime soon.

That's pretty much what I was referring to. Bernardo underneath with Sane making runs because of his pace like the goal against Liverpool. When teams try to close us down, if we get the ball to a #10 like Bernardo, Mahrez etc. they can supply the through ball for the other striker with pace ala Sane.

He played well when he did play,we are really short on bodies for the chavs and the first prem game,he is being careful with who we have,wrong to assume he has an attitude problem
Seems stupid to not even give him a single minute in that case as that’s the reason we’re playing pre season games. I asked if that could be the case because that was the case last season. Apparently Pep said he’s not at the required fitness level so he probably have arrived in poor condition again.

Sane didn't feature last night because as I said before there is no place for natural wingers in this 3-5-2 formation. Against Liverpool he played as a false 9 after coming on as a substitute. 3-5-2 is a no go for natural wingers. It's quite obvious that Pep prefers 3-5-2 over 4-3-3. All these discussions about Sane's poor attitude is complete nonsense.

I'm not sure this is totally correct. Last night in the 1st half Zinchenko and Bolton were the wingbacks and were okay going forward, but were seriously caught out on the counter attack.

In the 2nd half Pep changed it and we were 3-5-2 in possession with Zinchenko dropping into the midfield with Brahim on the left wing. When we didn't have the ball Zinchenko reverted to left back shifting the defence into a back 4. Brahim and Bolton didn't have as much responsibility tracking back. Sane could play where Brahim was. We were better but the problem is Zinchenko isn't that good at defending as a left back. Perhaps Delph would do that role better.

Seems stupid to not even give him a single minute in that case as that’s the reason we’re playing pre season games. I asked if that could be the case because that was the case last season. Apparently Pep said he’s not at the required fitness level so he probably have arrived in poor condition again.
Or, possibly, he’d seen enough and was keeping him for the Community Shield, as we are going to be short players, especially upfront, if Nmecha is being loaned out? Don’t forget, he has had a full preseason and doesn’t need to “bed in.”

Sané will be just fine, and he already showed he can roast £75M defenders for fun, even in pre season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.