VAR in regards to City related incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so but surely that will change if its in place in major tournaments. I thought they voted on it before its use in the World Cup. Now it has been shown to work and is effective then hopefully it will be brought in

There is one thing that most PL fans will unite on and that is the ineptitude of the Refs that are allowed to rule PL games. The last thing the FA would want imo is VAR being used to further publicise this

There is one thing that most PL fans will unite on and that is the ineptitude of the Refs that are allowed to rule PL games. The last thing the FA would want imo is VAR being used to further publicise this
But their ineptitude is primarily a problem, because there's currently nor way of overturning inept decisions.
If VAR was correcting errors I'm not sure anyone would care so much about their ineptitude

I don't fully agree. I think the way he handled the question, which was the way I would have handled it, as it's the right way in normal circumstances, was excellent, however.

I don't think it's the best way. That Scotish guy at United, the one who was there a long time, he would give the refs both barrels, consistently, he would even threaten to make sure refs didn't referee united matches again, he'd regularly get punished for these comments.

Causing as much fuss and uproar over these decisions, in the media, meant that, subconiously, if a referee has to make a decision, and he isn't sure, and he knows the consequence of an incorrect decision, you can bet your last quid he isn't going to give it against united. I saw the effect of this for years, I believe it's why there is a big club bias in the first place, and why the biggest supported clubs don't want VAR.

To a certain degree Pep has let the officials off here, and has almost made it acceptable for them to make mistakes against us. I think the way Pep has handled it shows a lot of class, but in a game when people are constantly claiming throw ins, corners, feigning injury, diving, turning heating off in away changing rooms, giving ball boys instruction depending on the score line and time wasting, I think it's a little bit naive to have acted this way.
I would rather have a manager who is a little naive than stoop to the level of those classless bullies across the way.

If anyone watched the mike recorded NBCSN reveal of the VAR incident in last year's Cup final with Chelsea and the Scum, you would have seen Crappinburg wanting to have refs miked up to let people understand decisions and process.

It was actually quite fascinating how refs and linos talk to each other.

not if its the correct decision it isn't. so your'e happy that the wolves goal stood so the lad could celebrate
No obviously i wasnt happy that goal stood but i will be happy when city score a goal that shouldnt of been.and when that happens will you come out being unhappy telling everyone your gutted because we should of drawn or list the game

No obviously i wasnt happy that goal stood but i will be happy when city score a goal that shouldnt of been.and when that happens will you come out being unhappy telling everyone your gutted because we should of drawn or list the game

But if these decisions apparently even themselves out then it won’t matter will it. No one will say it’s unfair if it goes in city’s favour but we’d all rather decisions on the whole are more correct than before.

But if these decisions apparently even themselves out then it won’t matter will it. No one will say it’s unfair if it goes in city’s favour but we’d all rather decisions on the whole are more correct than before.
Im not saying they even themselves out im saying i enjoy the moment ratger than a "hang on a few min and ill check that first"moment.

Im not saying they even themselves out im saying i enjoy the moment ratger than a "hang on a few min and ill check that first"moment.

It’s the only downside to var but it’s not going to be on every goal is it. I’d rather lose that and gain in the long run than have shit go against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.