Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Sooo...!!

Had my 3 month review of my diabetes and it's thrown up some 'interesting' results.

My Hb1Ac levels were at 89mmol/ mol which is absolute diabetes!

I am now at 49mmol/ mol and my diabetic nurse couldn't get over it! All my bad signals have returned to normal or near enough.

But, the caveat is that there is a sh*t load of sugar in my waters! I asked how can that be if I've cut down on everything?!

I tell her my IF and eating routines and we discuss back and forth what could be happening.

So, after half an hour over my allotted time, she works out that my kidney and liver are creating the extra sugar in my body.

I'm actually losing more cals than what I put in through combined IF and hour's HIIT most nights.

In other words, I've gone too far the other way!

No idea what to do now as I like what I've done...

No not achillies mate I’ve done that before, this is higher up, it now feels like a massive knot and as though I have cramp in it.
That pop sounds like damage to your gastrocnemius. The muscle right up in the central belly if your calf. Physio should be able to confirmvand give you a rehab plan
- often involves deep tissue massage, rebuild weights and stretching.

Looking for some advice from some knowledgeable bluemooners if possible. I'm 28, in April this year I weighed 18st 11ibs (fat bastard), I’ve managed to get down to 16st 11ibs but want to lose another two to three stone. I've lost the weight by cycling, running (ran the Manchester 10km in May), one or two insanity workouts a week, walking at least 8,000 steps a day and tracking what I eat with my fitness pal. I've cut out a lot of the crap but did over indulge during the world cup :).

Ideally, I’d like to be 15st by Christmas but don't want to look 'skinny fat'. I have quite a lot of core strength but it's time to change my body shape and lose the moobs. I have a bench and some dumbbells to work with along with any body weight exercises. I've tried the gym before but have always lost interest so for now I'd prefer to do this at home. I’ve found this beginner routine online:

For the more experienced out there does this seem like a decent place to start? I’ll be doing it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday along with cardio and HIIT workouts.

Looking for some advice from some knowledgeable bluemooners if possible. I'm 28, in April this year I weighed 18st 11ibs (fat bastard), I’ve managed to get down to 16st 11ibs but want to lose another two to three stone. I've lost the weight by cycling, running (ran the Manchester 10km in May), one or two insanity workouts a week, walking at least 8,000 steps a day and tracking what I eat with my fitness pal. I've cut out a lot of the crap but did over indulge during the world cup :).

Ideally, I’d like to be 15st by Christmas but don't want to look 'skinny fat'. I have quite a lot of core strength but it's time to change my body shape and lose the moobs. I have a bench and some dumbbells to work with along with any body weight exercises. I've tried the gym before but have always lost interest so for now I'd prefer to do this at home. I’ve found this beginner routine online:

For the more experienced out there does this seem like a decent place to start? I’ll be doing it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday along with cardio and HIIT workouts.

Personally, I think you're missing Intermittent Fasting out of your regime. With that as a commitment, you will hit 15st in 2 months easy, especially if you can work up to the 'warrior' aspect as your body should use some of the stubborn fat as energy and help you shift the 'fat weight'.

Now, more importantly, I discovered this technique 2 months ago and my 'moobs' have all but disappeared! I swear by it and it's superb advice...

ADHERE TO THE FORM AND TECHNIQUE!

I'm up to 20 push ups using this technique and don't think I'll better it! Once you're confident with it, use normal forms of push up variations around it.

I also do chair triceps dips, but have been a bit lazy with biceps curls, admittedly.

That said, 2 months later, my arms and chest look decidedly more cut and defined.

My opinion, only.

Personally, I think you're missing Intermittent Fasting out of your regime. With that as a commitment, you will hit 15st in 2 months easy, especially if you can work up to the 'warrior' aspect as your body should use some of the stubborn fat as energy and help you shift the 'fat weight'.

Now, more importantly, I discovered this technique 2 months ago and my 'moobs' have all but disappeared! I swear by it and it's superb advice...

ADHERE TO THE FORM AND TECHNIQUE!

I'm up to 20 push ups using this technique and don't think I'll better it! Once you're confident with it, use normal forms of push up variations around it.

I also do chair triceps dips, but have been a bit lazy with biceps curls, admittedly.

That said, 2 months later, my arms and chest look decidedly more cut and defined.

My opinion, only.

What he's doing there is just stretching the fascia of the muscle,giving it a deeper ROM (range of motion) and more TUT (time under tension), no doubt it has a positive effect but I couldn't be doing with the piss-potting around ie this shoulder that shoulder etc etc, much better to invest in a set of these for anyone who likes their push-ups , or a set of gymnastic rings.
th

Last edited:
Honestly, re pushups and ROM, I've found a 10/15/20kg dumbbell works as well as a stand, and allows that little extra stretch at the bottom.

Honestly, re pushups and ROM, I've found a 10/15/20kg dumbbell works as well as a stand, and allows that little extra stretch at the bottom.
Indeed,and the beauty of using dumbbells....they also bring the rotator cuff muscles into play as you are constantly activating them while stabilising the movement.

It often serves as a nice little prehab workout in between a heavy weights session or as a finishing set(s) at the end of such.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.