Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden and Diaz will learn f*ck all to play the last 10 minutes when we’re five goals up. The problem is Pep seems afraid to let Foden/Diaz onto the pitch unless we’re at least three goals up. They won’t learn shit if all they do get is minutes when the games dead.

They won't just get 10 minutes at the end of games though. They should however learn from every appearance they make; even short ones.

Incredibly difficult for him to play ahead of the other options we have. Should start against Oxford however.

On holiday with Aguero and Laporte at the minute so hopefully they are making sure his head doesn’t get turned.

Foden and Diaz will learn f*ck all to play the last 10 minutes when we’re five goals up. The problem is Pep seems afraid to let Foden/Diaz onto the pitch unless we’re at least three goals up. They won’t learn shit if all they do get is minutes when the games dead.
Saints game with 100 pts on the line,both came on

....then the kids are going to have to learn from being involved with the first team, coaching etc with whatever minutes on the pitch, move on loans or ultimately transfers.

His ideal would be the Spanish model where he could put out a City B team.

The problem with a City B team is we have one; the U23 in PL2 league but there are few games in that league as only 12 teams, and we persist with playing 18 year olds in that. Diaz has just turned 19 and is not getting game time with either the first XI or in PL2. His choice for game time is loan only. If this is the model we continue to use a lot of young players will leave as they can’t see a way into the first XI and Contract disputes will crop up like the one with Diaz as his ends summer 2019.

Whilst I agree it would be great for them to train with the first team not actually playing will be bloody frustrating! City have yet to find the right balance between transition between the academy and first team.

The problem with a City B team is we have one; the U23 in PL2 league but there are few games in that league as only 12 teams, and we persist with playing 18 year olds in that. Diaz has just turned 19 and is not getting game time with either the first XI or in PL2. His choice for game time is loan only. If this is the model we continue to use a lot of young players will leave as they can’t see a way into the first XI and Contract disputes will crop up like the one with Diaz as his ends summer 2019.

Whilst I agree it would be great for them to train with the first team not actually playing will be bloody frustrating! City have yet to find the right balance between transition between the academy and first team.

I'm with you on this.

The difference in the amount of playing tine in PL2 compared to the Spanish equivalent clearly is an issue, combined with the club stance of playing younger players in that league.

Not sure how we square this circle to be honest, but accept that we risk losing talented players through a lack of playing time, which is very sad.

From the minutes he played last season he did enough to suggest he has a future with us. I am hoping with Sane out of form and his Mrs having a baby, guardiola will give Diaz an opportunity to start on the left against Fulham on Saturday with Sterling if confirmed fit on the right. I can’t see any harm in this to the team.

I'm with you on this.

The difference in the amount of playing tine in PL2 compared to the Spanish equivalent clearly is an issue, combined with the club stance of playing younger players in that league.

Not sure how we square this circle to be honest, but accept that we risk losing talented players through a lack of playing time, which is very sad.

Pep brought on Kompany & Gundogan vs Newcastle.

Ok, he wanted to give John Stones a few minutes in midfield, and have a look at him. That's still a choice though.

Pep sees that as being more important than giving Foden some game time. I don't, as Newcastle are not the kind of opponent Stones needs to be able to play against. Wheras any opponent is experience for Foden.

His choice was Pellegrinish imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.