Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep brought on Kompany & Gundogan vs Newcastle.

Ok, he wanted to give John Stones a few minutes in midfield, and have a look at him. That's still a choice though.

Pep sees that as being more important than giving Foden some game time. I don't, as Newcastle are not the kind of opponent Stones needs to be able to play against. Wheras any opponent is experience for Foden.

His choice was Pellegrinish imo.

You and I aren't under the same pressures as Pep though. I don't agree with all his selections , but I am only a supporter and my choices don't have any impact.

You and I aren't under the same pressures as Pep though. I don't agree with all his selections , but I am only a supporter and my choices don't have any impact.

Pep isn't under pressure to give John Stones 10 mins in midfield v Newcastle though. He's experimenting imo. And sees that as more important, to him, than getting Foden on the pitch.

And maybe from a short term, team balance point of view, it is important to find out if Stones can play in place of Fernandinho. But it's a pretty inconclusive experiment to try it v Newcastle imo. I imagine Foden could have actually played where Stones did in that ten mins without breaking sweat.

They won't just get 10 minutes at the end of games though. They should however learn from every appearance they make; even short ones.
They can’t learn anything unless they are up against a fully focused, motivated and organized opposition team. Brahim does need to learn when to release the ball and when to run with it. If he’s facing defenders that have given up and rather kick him down or doing half arsed defending then he won’t learn. When we’re many goals up the pace of the game is ridiculosly low. He needs to get use to real senior football pace. Not that walking pace football.

Diaz’ Agent is none other than Pere Guardiola so hopefully Pep has a word with his brother. However Diaz could change Agent which if happens could be a more worrying sign.

They can’t learn anything unless they are up against a fully focused, motivated and organized opposition team. Brahim does need to learn when to release the ball and when to run with it. If he’s facing defenders that have given up and rather kick him down or doing half arsed defending then he won’t learn. When we’re many goals up the pace of the game is ridiculosly low. He needs to get use to real senior football pace. Not that walking pace football.

Of course they can learn when they are so inexperienced. That doesn't mean they shouldn't play in more challenging circumstances or learn more from those.

What remains the case and likely will for the foreseeable is that the manager of MCFC will prioritise results over blooding young players so supporters and young players will have to be patient on that front. Any time they get on the pitch, they need to do what is asked of them and make the most of the opportunity.

I would have loved to have seen both Foden and Diaz taking more prominent roles in the team but it's a tough ask considering the players they have to depose to get a shot, the solution can't be easy.

Of course they can learn when they are so inexperienced. That doesn't mean they shouldn't play in more challenging circumstances or learn more from those.

What remains the case and likely will for the foreseeable is that the manager of MCFC will prioritise results over blooding young players so supporters and young players will have to be patient on that front. Any time they get on the pitch, they need to do what is asked of them and make the most of the opportunity.
What do you think that Foden learned in his 10mins cameo against Huddersfield? Neither him or Pep would’ve learned anything from it. And it’s not about prioritizing young players over results. It’s actually possible to both play young players and win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.