Bundesliga 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hertha setting a few club records this season.

The club's best start to a top-flight season and the first time a player has four goals in the first four games. Also yesterday was the first time since December 2015 that Hertha have scored four goals in one game and the first time that they won two consecutive home games since April last year.

They’ve had good starts in previous years, but then fallen away. Let’s hope they can maintain the momentum.

Last edited:
Another good win for Hertha yesterday. Won 4-2 with some top goals

Salomon Kalou is still going strong(ish). Play Bayern at home a week on Friday on BT Sport

Outsiders for a Champs League spot, although still early days

Hertha in the recent years always had streaks in which they were very good - never was for a long time and they do not have the squad for it. But - you never know. As long the teams that usually should give Bayern a better show fail continously a lot teams have the chance to be a surprise.

I had a good meal in the Ratskeller. I remember walking round thinking there weren't many options, and struggling to find a bar afterwards.

Presumably you're getting to Hoffenheim in a couple of weeks - will you have many left to get to?

Yep. Going to Hoffenheim next week, so that will just leave RB Leipzig and Freiburg for the full Bundesliga set.

Stuttgart was manic on the Friday, with plenty of drunken home supporters, and Dusseldorf fans all over the place.
Pablo Maffeo had a decent game, and seems a popular signing.

Augsburg was a bit strange, if only for the long tram journey to the ground, which reminded me of the Amex at Brighton.

Sat with an Evertonian who spent the whole game slagging-off Davy Klaassen, (only for the Goodison "reject" to score a late winner for Werder Bremen, after an awful goalkeeping howler).

Struggled for pubs, before fluking a couple of amusing, boozy establishments where the regulars had been drinking all day.

I'd definitely recommend Ulm where we stayed on the Sunday. Cheap and cheerful, with friendly locals and bars overlooking the river.

Yep. Going to Hoffenheim next week, so that will just leave RB Leipzig and Freiburg for the full Bundesliga set.

Stuttgart was manic on the Friday, with plenty of drunken home supporters, and Dusseldorf fans all over the place.

Augsburg was a bit strange, if only for the long tram journey to the ground, which reminded me of the Amex at Brighton.

Sat with an Evertonian who spent the whole game slagging-off Davy Klaassen, (only for the Goodison "reject" to score a late winner for Werder Bremen, after an awful goalkeeping howler).

Struggled for pubs, before fluking a couple of amusing, boozy establishments where the regulars had been drinking all day.

I'd definitely recommend Ulm where we stayed on the Sunday. Cheap and cheerful, with friendly locals and bars overlooking the river.

I've passed through Ulm a couple of times on the train and it looks a nice city. Obviously that absolutely massive cathedral stands out.

I dont remember the tram journey to the ground in Augsburg, but I remember thinking they'd not finished it as it still left you a fair walk away from the ground.

Any plans to get to Leipzig or Freiburg?

Maybe (probably) see you in Hoffenheim.

Hertha 1-0 away to Bremen. Rekik is the the Hertha team, it’s live on BT and Bayern are on afterwards

Freiburg a great place.We stayed there before Basel last season and it was carnival....on a school night.

Went to Freiburg v Dusseldorf mid 90s, got a ticket off Volker Finke the then Freiburg Manager in the club lounge bar the afternoon of the game.He saw my City shirt and we started to chat then along came two free tickets.

See you in Heidelberg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.