Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Its two points dropped for me. At no other ground would we say a point is a good result yet that seems to be considered a good result at a club who have not had a better side than us in 8 years.

We had a really great chance today as they look shattered and we never had the intent to take it. Two wide men did not offer enough threat (team selection issue) and we were to cautious in our approach play worrying about the transition.
Not like you to be contrary....

I think Liverpool's squad is thin, their style will tire them out in each match, and match after match and things will get iffy if a major name goes down. I had always thought these might be rationalizations in my own head. I see today that they are not. We are better, deeper and stronger than they are. And they know it.

That was exactly like Chelsea away last year, minus the goal. Although better considering Liverpool are a stronger side. We strangled them into playing the hoofball strategy and looked in complete control for almost the entirety of the game.

Ignore the score for a moment and the penalty miss. Just focusing on what happened over 90 minutes shows we played like champions. A clean sheet against the best attack ever at Anfield is no easy task.

The draw will hurt them more than us. We've done something noone thought we could (outplayed Liverpool at Anfield and not lost) and they've underachieved.

And if we were to do the unthinkable and somehow go unbeaten this would certainly have constituted our most difficult test.

FFS - I am gutted - what a friggin; penalty - Had the chance to get 3 points - blew it.
Both teams will be happy for 1 point - but I am gutted.
What use is Jesus? - 4 or 5 times he is flagged for offside - in most games as well.
I would not have been happy if Jesus was to take the penalty - only scored 1 in 3.
I do wonder if he takes them - in practice - for Brazil - against Allison ?.
Laporte was immense.

You know we are the champions, right ?

Very surprised that Pep in his after match interview looked stunned when the guy interviewing him asked if he was aware Mahrez had missed 5 of his last 8 penalties. Pep said he was not aware of this.
Surely with all the in depth analysis we do and Peps huge entourage someone would have the nowse to look into players PK records. Obviously not and it could have cost us the win today.
As others have said it feels like a loss but would have taken the draw prior to kick off. Eeez football.

So you say - now you’ve realised what a stupid post it was

No it wasn't
I'm fully aware of Yaya's cockendedness.
It merely drives home getting the correct person for the correct job.
Mahrez's conversion rate was even mentioned to Pep by Sky, and he looked surprised at that. Bollocks. He's telling porkies. To say one of the backroom staff don't have that info is claptrap.
I'm sorry, but Pep's dropped an almighty bollock, there (he's human, it happens), as well as Mahrez's.

That pen was as bad as Phil the Face's v Sunderland in the League Cup 14

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.