Squad Strengthening In Not So Distant Future

I still think our dreams of winning the CL are distant. And to really shit the opposition up we're going to need to spend in the region of £120-200m on a single player. That rules Messi out. Neymar? Doesn't fit the holistic nature we have. Mbappe wants Real. Hazard wants Real or a Chelsea stay. Greizmann is settled, but no doubt he wants Barca/Real/Rags.

I still think our dreams of winning the CL are distant. And to really shit the opposition up we're going to need to spend in the region of £120-200m on a single player. That rules Messi out. Neymar? Doesn't fit the holistic nature we have. Mbappe wants Real. Hazard wants Real or a Chelsea stay. Greizmann is settled, but no doubt he wants Barca/Real/Rags.

We already have one or two players in that bracket, the only difference being we didn't pay £120m for them. We should be driven by what we need on the pitch in the transfer market rather than the need to make any statement. The only kind of player I'd break the bank for is someone who can fill in fernandinho's spot and even improve on him but that particular person probably isn't one of the glamour signings you're hinting at above.

I don't feel like we're really close to winning the CL but it don't think we're distant either. Think there's a lot of teams that could win it and you need a bit of luck too. Think our problem over the past couple of years has been less to do with personnel and more to do with the lack of nous we've shown in the latter stages.

Think/hope we are reaching the point of bringing talent through the academy rather than buying 4-5 players every year. We've lost and will continue to lose some serious talent due to our current buy over produce method. Though can start to see the shift with Mahrez our only purchase this summer, a dm is the only thing we need ready made to add. Apart from that we have a young squad who are as good or better than our senior player, so when the older players make way we already have ready made replacements. For example, Dave makes way, Bernardo steps in Foden steps up into Bernardos place, another youth begins to be bedded in.

Christensen always looks to me like a weak link for Chelsea, their worst defender by far, and very slow. Gary Cahill always looks much better, a proper defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.