Spurs’ new stadium

Once again, if all this was as obvious from the outset as you claim, why ever would Levy have chosen this path? By the time that the stadium is finally completed, it will have cost the club many tens of millions extra; pissed off the fans; pissed off the players and the manager; pissed off the NFL; pissed off sponsors; pissed off other clubs. What possible benefit could Spurs have hoped to derive from it other than playing the first game in the new stadium a mere few months earlier? You can concoct all the conspiracy theories you like but you cannot come up with a rational answer as to why a very prudently run club like Spurs would have gone down this route. It makes no sense whatsoever.

As I said, I have contacts that are high up and very close to this project. They are adamant that the intention was absolutely to play the first game against Liverpool until the fuck up with the safety systems was brought to light. These people are not bullshitters. If you must insist that you know better, that's your prerogative. But I'll pass. We'll just have to leave it there.
You just don’t get it Jim. Levy doesn’t give a shit who he pisses off including his own customers

Once again there was ZERO chance of playing any game this year, 2018,never mind the Liverpool one ZERO. I don’t care what the “high-up” told you the evidence is clear

Just consider this both Spurs and Mace management have to toe the party line they would not risk telling Jim the truth because Jim goes on forums and he might slip up, instead tell Jim the official party-line, so that he can go on forums and spit out the lies. Jim knows the “high-up” Chris Cowlin has been spouting miss-information all along, only to prove himself wrong in his videos, maybe Chris knows the same “high-up”

I think you need to look up the meaning of “unilateral” This was a democratic vote by all the members of the PL each had a vote 5 said no the rest including Spurs yes So Spurs got what they wanted
Yes, Spurs got what they wanted so sympathy is in extremely short supply, but it was still a unilateral move by the Premier League, as it acted alone and was the only league to make the change.

Nah the difference is a lot of Man Utd debt was PIK loans with an obscene interest rate of something like 14%. I'm not familiar with the arrangement that Spurs have made but lets assume its 4% as a reasonable rate with it being secured against the stadium, and guarantees from the owner. That would be interest per annum of 25,480,000. United on the other hand would be 89,180,000 so quite some difference in interest on the debt. Further to that when United were first taken over their owner wasn't paying down the debt he was just paying that interest year on year which is why they were all moaning. Spurs no doubt will have a repayment arrangement wherein the debt reduces year by year and as such the interest will as well. You will also find that some of the interest is in effect paid by the UK taxpayer as it will reduce profit and therefore corporation tax - so in effect instead of paying a tax bill they will be paying the bank.
It's speculation I agree, but hugely important for Spurs fans. Just what is the cost, and how do Spurs plan to deal with it. If it lands on the football club it will take a decade to deal with, more than the managerial lifetime of Pochettino and the playing time of Kane, and few will expect Poch to do a Wenger. The Emirate cost is a fraction of the cost of White Hart Lane, and Spurs are nowhere near the club that Arsenal were when they moved into the Emirates.

I don't question the Spurs fans who have contributed to this topic because as far as I can see no one knows how Spurs plan to deal with this but time for the financial journalists to do some digging and get Levy to explain his plans.

It's speculation I agree, but hugely important for Spurs fans. Just what is the cost, and how do Spurs plan to deal with it. If it lands on the football club it will take a decade to deal with, more than the managerial lifetime of Pochettino and the playing time of Kane, and few will expect Poch to do a Wenger. The Emirate cost is a fraction of the cost of White Hart Lane, and Spurs are nowhere near the club that Arsenal were when they moved into the Emirates.

I don't question the Spurs fans who have contributed to this topic because as far as I can see no one knows how Spurs plan to deal with this but time for the financial journalists to do some digging and get Levy to explain his plans.

When you consider what Arsenals revenue was when the stadium opened Spurs are taking on less debt (proportionally) also they benefit from more seats than Arsenal did in their move (so more additional revenue). I really don't see this being a major problem for Spurs given the profit they currently make and the ability to reduce the tax bill by paying the interest. One would imagine they have delayed start up insurance and will be looking to apply Liquidated Damages at some point to their construction teams.

It was talked about when they were discussing why was our window shutting early and it would be a disadvantage to the premier the “experts” said next summer(2019) the transfer window across Europe will close at the same time.
Ah right. So nothing official. That'll explain why i can't find anything 'official' about the change. Spurs will have the same issue this summer then as well

Yes, Spurs got what they wanted so sympathy is in extremely short supply, but it was still a unilateral move by the Premier League, as it acted alone and was the only league to make the change.

I interpreted that Jim meant that it was a unilateral decision of the PL without consulting the clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.