Spurs’ new stadium

I'm not suggesting that Spurs were uniquely disadvantaged. All PL clubs were disadvantaged when it came to negotiations with continental clubs.

It's just that Spurs have to be especially prudent currently, for obvious reasons. They couldn't afford to put themselves in a position in which they had spent a lot on players without having raised anything from player sales before the PL window shut. It would have meant negotiating player sales with continental clubs from a position of desperation. And negotiating from such a position never leads to favourable outcomes

Five clubs voted against the move Spurs voted for it

Manchester City, Manchester United, Crystal Palace, Watford and Swansea City were the clubs against the move

Well at least we scored a touch down and they didn't. There would have been uproar, though, if Spurs had won.

yes the hail mary pass from the quarter back ederson was good, it could have gone from good to bad but we held on and the the 2 centre backs was outstanding. but from the kick off last night you could see the team having problems with the ball and the bounce and mendy did not fancy it one bit last night worst game in a city by far from him but like you said we won they lost move on

True, not all the seats were in; the pitch wasn't laid; and the area around the stadium was still a building site. But......

The seats are on a rail system. And the rails were installed. And once that is done, seats can be installed incredibly rapidly. At the time that the decision to delay the stadium opening was made, there was still a month before the Liverpool game. Had Mace needed to, they could have installed the remaining seats in a week or less.

It took three days to lay the pitch. And it was a further 1-2 weeks before it was playable. Once again, had it been necessary, the pitch could have been ready for play within two weeks of the announcement to delay.

The original, temporary plan for the area around the stadium was for it to be a tarmac finish - again, a procedure that could have been completed in a matter of days. The delay has, however, afforded Mace the opportunity to complete the permanent surfacing and landscaping now rather than next summer.

Sorry, mate, I don't mean to come across like that. It's just that I have followed this project in minute detail for ten years and I have a number of contacts who are very close to it at a high level. My only intention is to inform those who, understandably as non Spurs fans, aren't as familiar with the project.

As to Spurs welcoming the delay, let me ask you the following:

- If Spurs had known for months (or even from the outset, as some are claiming) that they wouldn't be able to finish the stadium until next year, why would Levy (not a man known for casually throwing away money) have spent (tens of?) millions on having big crews working through the night right up until the announcement of the delay?

- Why would Levy want to pay Wembley a huge amount to stage home games while simultaneously losing money on ticket and corporate sales because Spurs fans are sick of going there?

- Why would Levy want to piss off Spurs fans?

- Why would Levy want to let down a hugely important partner in the NFL?

- Why would Levy want the bad publicity that has come from the delay?

- Why would Levy want to halt the momentum of the goodwill that has flowed through the club over recent seasons?

- Why would Levy want the team's performances to suffer, as they undoubtedly have this season - partly as a consequence of the stadium delay?

Seriously, the conspiracy theories I've read on here don't even bear distant scrutiny! This delay has been a huge blow to the club. 100%.

Levy is obsessed with a new stadium to increase income to allow Spurs to compete with the top clubs, it’s the Arsenal model. Its short term pain for long term gain. Unlike Arsenal who had a site close to the existing ground Spurs built on the current site, this need a plan which would take 2.5 seasons So season 1 start the build and loose some of the existing structure Season 2 move to Wembley permission granted by PL, no brainer. So how to get round the half season? Well ask PL to play a first few games away, no issue been done before. The next part of the plan involves how to get away with the addition few months required. Simple, blame it on safety that’s always a good one. A blind man can see this is a lie. If the issue was safety the ground would have ready for the Liverpool game. The cranes removed, public areas around the ground would have been made safe, yes tarmac layed, safety barriers installed, pitch layed and ready to play on, the test events completed seats installed etc So stop talking rubbish the facts are before your eyes, just either are taken in by the PR or just choose to ignore what everyone else can see. I said on here before the season started, before safety-gate that the stadium was months away from completion and you said otherwise. Levy was faced with a problem when he saw the fixtures, before they were released, that the City home game was clashing with the NFL weekend, should he come clean and ask the PL to make adjustments so that there was no home game that weekend? Problem being it would highlight to the PL that the stadium was months away, not weeks, to opening. So in true Levy fashion he ignored it. The man has lumbered Spurs with a huge debt approaching £600m that will hamper the team for many years But at least when you have a piss you will be able to admire the nice tiling, eat cheese and drink very expensive beer from the longest bar, near the biggest club shop and watch the goals conceded on the biggest screens. Wake up Jim the man has treated you and Spurs fans with contempt and much worse than that the rest of the PL and their fans. His decisions resulted in the farce of a pitch at Wembley that could have led to injuries fortunately justice was done and the Champions got the 3 points deserved

Because continental clubs will also have their transfer window brought forward to early August next summer.
Really? first I've heard mate. I thought this was purely a PL initiative? Any links? I can't see anything about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.