Red Cafe in meltdown

The hypocrisy and delusion of some of those rags is staggering to say the least, mind you, I dare say that 99% of them have never been to old toilet or any other football stadium for that matter, they are just mouthpiece trolls who spew forth the bile and hypocrisy of PEG. Its a match made in heaven as far as i am concerned..!

As a sort of aside, I live in the south and only go to three or four games a season these days, but I do delight in pointing out to a United following friend (one of those southern ones with no connection to Manchester) that I've been to Old Trafford more than he has.

They haven’t hired the right manager since he left. They have some decent attacking players.

Put pep in charge of that squad and they’d be in the top 3 now.

It’s all on Maureen. He’s a busted flush and his football is dead. Half of them don’t want to pay for him.

Christ I never seen that, unbelievable. The poster did say to be fair "most" of the press, whilst that article is actually embarrassing I wouldn't describe one piece form and idiot at the BBC as most. Crazy that working in football you can be so rubbish at your job and continue in employment, very jealous.

Owned and backtracking as usual.

They haven’t hired the right manager since he left. They have some decent attacking players.

Put pep in charge of that squad and they’d be in the top 3 now.

It’s all on Maureen. He’s a busted flush and his football is dead. Half of them don’t want to pay for him.
You could argue that Ferguson was the wrong manager too before he left (despite winning the title). If they had got a new guy earlier they might have had the players for the transition.

Not sure if I'd call it his "mojo" being back, but to be fair to Mourinho I do think he's massively improved his mood in the last few weeks. He's stopped ripping his players and sulking in press conferences, he's stopped just sitting in his chair miserably, he enjoyed the back and forth vs. Juventus fans.

Pogba's agent said they've patched things up and are getting on now as well.

They're still playing shit, but Mourinho seems much happier. I don't know if it's just because he realised his sulking teenager act wasn't working, or because he's just resigned to a shit season and is waiting for the sack. He even resisted taking a dig at us over the football leaks stuff.
This is what happens with moody self destructive types. They sort their behaviour out briefly, then end up a little worse than before following the next meltdown.

It's amazing how much they try to cling to the money being the difference.

Their Squad cost £673.5 million to assemble. £351m of that spent in 3 years under Jose.

There's two things that put that in context. Firslty - our squad cost £707m. It's more, that's true, but the difference between the two teams is Mangala. Who's not exactly contributing is he?

The second thing is that the 6 teams between us and United in the table have all spent nowhere near as much as them.

United's squad cost more than Spurs and Arsenal's squads combined.

I think the most pertinent point about this is they keep saying we are going to run away with the title as we have spent more than anyone else, by their own logic surely they are going to run away with 2nd place?
Money helps and nobody can deny that but it has to be spent wisely, identify where you need to strengthen and act upon it. and you then need to coach the players and demand the work rate from them.
I always ask United fans why did they need Sanchez? they already had Martial and Rashford who play left wing, if they bought a left back to support Shaw then they could also free Young up as cover for the left side.
They were crying out for a right winger to give balance and they still are, Why pay £75 million on Pogba? why spend £90 million on Pogba?
They keep going on that we came from a better starting position and so it's not fair to compare spending, well at the start of the takeover we were a million miles behind them. The difference was we had a long term plan.

I think the most pertinent point about this is they keep saying we are going to run away with the title as we have spent more than anyone else, by their own logic surely they are going to run away with 2nd place?
Money helps and nobody can deny that but it has to be spent wisely, identify where you need to strengthen and act upon it. and you then need to coach the players and demand the work rate from them.
I always ask United fans why did they need Sanchez? they already had Martial and Rashford who play left wing, if they bought a left back to support Shaw then they could also free Young up as cover for the left side.
They were crying out for a right winger to give balance and they still are, Why pay £75 million on Pogba? why spend £90 million on Pogba?
They keep going on that we came from a better starting position and so it's not fair to compare spending, well at the start of the takeover we were a million miles behind them. The difference was we had a long term plan.

Funny you should mention Sanchez and LW....He played on the right in Chile, Italy and Barcelona. He was 26 when he moved to the left at Arsenal and yet now despite a decade of playing on the right, it's impossible to put him there?

Just put him on the right, who gives a fuck if he prefers the left, Martial is better, and Sanchez on the right is better than Mata or Lingard.

My favorite of the spending posts are the ones absolutely despairing over how we just paper over bad transfers by spending even more money, and "why no one even mentions Nolito and Bravo anymore" as if that is some sort of trump card. Because I had to look this up myself just now I'll remind you all that Nolito cost just £13.8m and Bravo £18m, each of them less than something called a Diogo Dalot (£19m), or Alexis Sanchez's annual wages (about £25m), or combined less than one Fred (£52m).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.