Glastonbury 2019

Never seen the appeal of Glastonbury, seems to me it went from a hippy dippy festival to a trendy be seen there festival without ever being any good in between.

Have you ever been?
No I've always picked my festivals on bands I like playing rather than the venue. I've no problem with anyone going if that's their thing just never seen the attraction. Can't be arsed with any sitting in fields now though I'm very much a small - medium sized venue person these days, and back to a proper bed.

I honestly can't think of any festival I'd like to go to less than Glastonbury.

Edit: Just had a look at the most recent lineup. £238 to go and watch Napalm Death while 100,000 posh cunts that don't like music drink cider in the rain? No thanks.

Last edited:
No I've always picked my festivals on bands I like playing rather than the venue. I've no problem with anyone going if that's their thing just never seen the attraction. Can't be arsed with any sitting in fields now though I'm very much a small - medium sized venue person these days, and back to a proper bed.
Fair dos.

I've been to about a dozen different festivals across the UK and Europe both large and small, Glasto comfortably blows them all away in terms of both depth of lineup and things to do.

It's one of those places that you can't get a feel for until you've actually seen it first hand. What they show on TV is literally about 10% of it.

They had Mumford & Sons headlining 5 years ago and people didn't seem to care all that much.

...yet people want to be up in arms about Jay Z/Kanye/Stormzy being given a go.

The only issue I have with the genre is that 90% of the time its just karaoke or (roll the track) as its cool to say. I would have much more appreciation for them if they got a full band involved rather than just shouting "yo yo gangster possie in da house" (or whatever) over a backing track. Although to be fair to Stormzy I think I saw him on radio 1 live lounge with a band and it sounded good, Hopefully he does the same again at Glasto

Not many yoghurt knitters around these days replaced by Cressida in Hunters and Hugo and chums having piss fights in the urinals. Stroll through the camping grounds on the Monday morning, the thousands of £s of discarded gear is a good indication of where Glastonbury has gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.