“City have made the PL uncompetitive”. Myth & reality

Napoli have the same budget as Burnley.

Let that sink in.

The premier league's lower half has been pissing away money for the last 5 years, keeping the standards the same while the money has ballooned.

Hopefully teams like Watford, Bournemouth and Everton are leading a charge of modtable sodes who realose that by just beong competent they can guarantee safety and maybe sneak into Europe.

I think we're seeing the end of twats like Pulis, Pardew and Hughes, to be replaced by gifted European coaches who can make use of the incredible amount of money they have access to.
When you see supposedly reliable and somewhat forward thinking pundits baffled by the idea that Jorginho is going to continue to play in holding midfield ahead of Kante, even in the tough games, then you just get the feeling that this massive cultural issues we have here with our football is going to take a while yet to eradicate.

Let that sink in.

The premier league's lower half has been pissing away money for the last 5 years, keeping the standards the same while the money has ballooned.

Hopefully teams like Watford, Bournemouth and Everton are leading a charge of modtable sodes who realose that by just beong competent they can guarantee safety and maybe sneak into Europe.

I think we're seeing the end of twats like Pulis, Pardew and Hughes, to be replaced by gifted European coaches who can make use of the incredible amount of money they have access to.

Correct me if i'm wrong but do teams like Napoli have the same restrictions on signing foreign players as teams in the PL with regard to work permits etc. I'm sure the PL would become evem more competitive if the likes of Burnley or Everton etc could pick up the quality of player that Napoli do for the price they do.

Correct me if i'm wrong but do teams like Napoli have the same restrictions on signing foreign players as teams in the PL with regard to work permits etc. I'm sure the PL would become evem more competitive if the likes of Burnley or Everton etc could pick up the quality of player that Napoli do for the price they do.
The same mate, anyone without an EU passport needs a work permit. Napoli just scout and develop players better.

Let that sink in.

here here

The sooner that clubs get away from the constant cycle of those managers the better, it can only be better for football as a whole in this country to have more managers along the lines of Marco Silva than Allardyce and Pardew.

The cycle of the likes of Sunderland falling over themselves to pick up left overs from the top 4 has slowly started coming to an end which can only be good. The more managers we can get in the lower leagues learning of Pep, Sarri and Poch the better, giving their youngsters a chance as well instead of putting ex-prem players on crazy contracts in the championship.

I hear pundits and other fans constantly saying that the PL is becoming boring and uncompetitive due to our success so I checked the figures to see if it was. Very interesting results.

This season, after 13 games, the top 4 clubs are separated by 7 points. Here are the same figures for other seasons:
2017/18. 12 points
2016/17. 3 points
2015/16. 2 points
2014/15. 11 points
2013/14. 7 points
2012/13. 5 points
2011/12. 9 points
2010/11. 6 points
2009/10. 8 points
2008/09. 9 points
2007/08. 8 points
2006/07. 11 points
2005/06. 8 points
2004/05. 10 points
2003/04. 11 points
2003/03. 7 points
2001/02. 6 points
2000/01. 7 points

So there have only been 5 seasons this century (out of 19) where the gap between the top 4 has been less than it is currently after the equivalent number of games. And there have been double that number where it’s been higher. Out of those 10 that have seen a bigger gap, we’ve won the title twice and one of those was on goal difference. The average gap is about 7.8 points so this season isn’t even above average.
For years it was only the rags and Arsenal who had any chance of winning the league till Chelsea turned up ,no one moaned then .No one was allowed to join the "big 4" club either .Now the rags and Arsenal don't get it there own way it ow the " big 6" The way the rags are going soon will big 8

No, City are raising the standard, it's about time someone did as it hasn't been good enough in recent years as evidenced by results in European competition.
Before we turned up ony 4 teams had won the premier league with 3 of them winning more thn once .so if anything we have made it more competetive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.