Who tips the postperson, milkperson and dustperson at Christmas?

I gave my wife a tip the other day.

“ If you keep spending money on Xmas shit you will be looking for a new husband”

Incredible the shit she buys. She is like
an 8 year old at Xmas!

Genuine question here for the people who tip the postman, (and to the OP who seems to be one)...
Why in your view does this job in particular warrant the extra payment at Christmas?

The bin men can piss right off, you couldn't find a more miserable set of dangerous driving, jobsworth unhelpful bastards if you tried.

Genuine question here for the people who tip the postman, (and to the OP who seems to be one)...
Why in your view does this job in particular warrant the extra payment at Christmas?

The bin men can piss right off, you couldn't find a more miserable set of dangerous driving, jobsworth unhelpful bastards if you tried.
The extra cards and parcels that suddenly everyone needs. Think of the tip as atonement for your greed.

Don't have a milkman,
Never see the Postman,

And as for the binman, well my tip would be "stop leaving my bin 14 miles away you lazy tossbag."

The extra cards and parcels that suddenly everyone needs. Think of the tip as atonement for your greed.

I think in the recent past that was a salient point, but the parcel delivery market in 2018 is unrecognizable.
I don't really get parcels but my wife orders a lot from Amazon, so is there an argument to tip Amazon drivers, Hermes etc in the present day?
Is tipping the postman now simply a quaint hangover from a bygone era when they did carry a much greater burden?

I shall be waiting behind the front door on thursday for the gender fluid, printed media delivery operative - cradling a nice tip in my hand...

I think in the recent past that was a salient point, but the parcel delivery market in 2018 is unrecognizable.
I don't really get parcels but my wife orders a lot from Amazon, so is there an argument to tip Amazon drivers, Hermes etc in the present day?
Is tipping the postman now simply a quaint hangover from a bygone era when they did carry a much greater burden?

In the good old days, when a Postman was part of the local community, tipping him/her was a nod to the service they provided. Alas, now they are a company and not a service, tipping seems a little weird. It still happens, mainly by the old folk, but it's dying out. It's all about finishing on time now and not making sure old Joe at 42 was ok.

Pity. It's the way the world is going. No one cares about anyone but themselves these days.

Used to give the dustmen a crate of ale at xmas.found it funny how the refused to take certain items from the neighbours while we could get something the size of a 3 piece shifted :+)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.