Whisky.

Assumed this would’ve been your Scotch of choice ;)

eed4ef25181141.56342bd504bdf.jpg
I’m liking the “Aged 15 Years” bit. ;)

Single malt. Neat. Or one cube of ice/ drop of water.

Anything else...

Tarting about trying to be trendy. Stop it. If you want to mix something with anything then Jim Beam/ Jack Daniels/ Cat Piss will sort you out.

And before any yanks jump in...

You are wrong.
Bag dicks

The only decision I had to make at my wedding was which whisky to use at the toast so went with Tamdhu, which is an excellent malt.

Though I tend to drink single cask rather than malt as I’m a member of the whisky society in Edinburgh, still grumpy they let the public into some of the members’ rooms on Queen Street so only really drink in the Leith rooms now.

Although they don’t officially tell you the distillery in single cask it’s fairly easy to find out and currently got a couple of different Glenfarclas on the go, they’re excellent.

Just a drop of water, once you see the little cloud disappear then stop putting more water in.

Proper whisky snob, yes.

I got a right nice selection over Christmas, one of which was Auchentoshan American Age Oak. Now normally I’m one not to to do anything but use whisky stones, not even ice and especially not mixers. That said, today I’ve bucked the trend. On the box it says to mix the whisky with lemon and honey, a cold toddy if you will, then complete it with a Pale Ale mixer and ice.

Wow! Blown away and they’re currently flowing sweet.

Anymore unusual whisky concoctions??
Going to give that a go

No ice lads. Just three drops of spring water to ‘open’ the nose and taste.
It’s all personal taste but I couldn’t agree more about no ice. I think whiskey should be drank at room temperature and also ice gradually dilutes the whiskey. Many whiskeys don’t even need water, I only add it with anything over 46 vol and of course with cask strengths water is essential.

I’ve got a collection of around 130 bottles, mostly scotch ( Islay my favourite) Irish, Japanese and many over places although NO yank or Canadian stuff. Again it’s all down to personal taste.

If people like to add mixers that’s fine but a tip I learned many years ago was that if a whiskey has got an age statement, say 16 years, then keep it in your mouth doing a gentle ‘mouthwash’ for a minimum of 16 seconds, once your saliva starts working with it the taste can change two or three times. So many people don’t like whiskey because if they are having it neat they suddenly start acting like John fucking Wayne, bung it down their throat and demand another one. Having said that I forgive John as he was drinking that yank shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.