Sauces

Right here goes...

Rolled the venison steaks in finely chopped fresh thyme and rosemary, hot pan with olive oil and fried for 3 mins and 4 mins on the other side, slicing and laying on plate (truth be told these were way to rare for me and the wife and after slicing I did the cardinal sin of throwing them back in the frying pan after resting just to take the edge off them lol) for the sauce I sweated an onion down in butter added finely sliced mushrooms and when I deglazed the cast iron pan with the red wine added the onions and mushrooms with a large dollop of cranberry sauce, cooked off alcohol and served over the steak, served with mash and veg.

Turned out very nice in the end, luckily the meat remained moist after the second cooking.

Right here goes...

Rolled the venison steaks in finely chopped fresh thyme and rosemary, hot pan with olive oil and fried for 3 mins and 4 mins on the other side, slicing and laying on plate (truth be told these were way to rare for me and the wife and after slicing I did the cardinal sin of throwing them back in the frying pan after resting just to take the edge off them lol) for the sauce I sweated an onion down in butter added finely sliced mushrooms and when I deglazed the cast iron pan with the red wine added the onions and mushrooms with a large dollop of cranberry sauce, cooked off alcohol and served over the steak, served with mash and veg.

Turned out very nice in the end, luckily the meat remained moist after the second cooking.
Slice the venison thinner next time you fuckwit :)

Right here goes...

Did you shoot the deer?

Slice the venison thinner next time you fuckwit :)

It was a precut steak not a joint, I just like to slice the steak and then serve in a crescent on the plate for looks.

But on that score, I think 3 mins a side and then 6 mins in the oven like duck would be better for me and the wife.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.