Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

Team selection is really interesting for second leg. Didn’t negredo get injured in a dead rubber 2nd leg against West Ham? Never quite the same again

I’ve just been given CCTV footage of @BurnCK @Didsbury Dave by the BM Security and Pies Service:

FqZIiLjMsbNm8BUECxZ6Dh8bNgTYdj-CfltUdjYjq-0.gif
Couple of rags debating if Mourinho should be sacked ?

Team selection is really interesting for second leg. Didn’t negredo get injured in a dead rubber 2nd leg against West Ham? Never quite the same again
Tbf Negredo at City pre-injury and Negredo in the rest of his career before City bear no resemblance to each other, probably more a case of a purple patch of form coming to an end than the injury ruining him.

Great match last night although the grass played a major part in the result as did the wind for Zinczenko's goal. I felt a bit sorry for the groundsman who went to all the trouble of making the goal line extra thick only to find he had wasted his time.
We don't need to make anything extra thick for the scousers, they bring that in buckets !

Back in the day I remember reaching last 8 in the cup which included all sides far and wide when other years lucky to make the last 128 such was our ability.
Every round we wanted to be drawn away so we would play on better ground's and had a decent spread put on for us and got proper pissed.
We finally draw a cracking team at home and thought they would struggle on our patch, best team I ever played against, battered us 8:0 and the winger ripped us a new one.
It's now probably 30 years ago but lives in my memory as one of a story where class told and I was not ashamed, when we have a pint or two someone always brings that day up and we laugh at who was to blame - keeper mainly.
These Burton players will be the same, great memories and a story to tell.
They can be proud they gave it a go and for that I thank them, no bookings no stupid stuff so even in defeat they can hold their head's up and part 2 to come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.