Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally saw a better angle on the Sterling penalty shout in the 52nd minute, looks more a penalty to me than before as it is pretty clear Robertson locked him up & used his momentum to take him down. VAR should take care of that going forward I suppose

Finally saw a better angle on the Sterling penalty shout in the 52nd minute, looks more a penalty to me than before as it is pretty clear Robertson locked him up & used his momentum to take him down. VAR should take care of that going forward I suppose
Eventually it will, when the refs have made a laughing stock of themselves like Dean did on Wednesday favouring the dippers and rags too many times and the league starts to feel the pinch commercially.

I’ve said this so many times now I am sure most are sick of reading it, but cynical/petulant fouls like “rugby” tackles, shirt pulls, and kicking the ball away—which are all generally unambiguous and thus not open to interpretation—should be red card offences, regardless of where they occur on the pitch, so as to reduce their frequency.

They are a blight on the game and need to be stamped out, pardon the pun. It will affect us, of course, as our players will need to adjust to it, but it would more significantly impact many of the less skilled teams like Cardiff, Newcastle, and United much more (as they employ those tactics against the better teams to try to balance the scales, hurting the quality of the matches in the process), for the benefit of football.
I said that if a tackle anywhere on the pitch was a bad one, a penalty should be awarded.
I was laughed out of the room.
Good to know that I am not the only one who thinks that way.

English birth?
Does that mean Liverpool born or not?
Weirdly I was born in London but started following Liverpool when I was very young. I think it was Kevin Keegan's appearance in Brut adverts.
Three generations living in a two bedroom flat in.a less than salubrious part of West London does give you something of an insight in to poor areas around the country I reckon. Thanks for the interest in my background, how about yourself?

Of course the Brut adverts.....

For a minute I was thinking you’d chosen the team winning & jumped on the band wagon.

Favourite boxer will obviously be Henry Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.