Burton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clough has stated in his presser how disappointed he was none of his players even picked up a yellow card in the first leg and wants them to put their foot in tonight.

Have to admit, little concerned for KDB or Jesus.

Is there any point in them doing that now?!? They are 9 goals behind so no point in them getting stupid and hurting people unnecessarily

no doubts Burton will be taking this game very seriously, they would really like to beat a Prem team, especially us

Nice article on the BBC website regarding how Burton fans are approaching this tie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46959406

For those who say we should just play 'the kids'

"I've never seen a game where we lost 9-0 but it was a mark of respect that Pep Guardiola put out a full team against us and they didn't take their foot off the gas.
"Fans pay a lot of money to watch football, and it's a shame when you turn up to a big cup tie and you see a weakened team and don't get to see the players.
"I'm slightly worried we might get a battering, but I can't miss it. How many times are we going to play a world-class team like Manchester City or see Pep Guardiola and Kevin de Bruyne at the Pirelli?

But I like this statement:
For those giving up on the game already there is a precedent: City's joint heaviest defeat was an 8-0 loss on Boxing Day in 1894.

The team? Burton Wanderers (they no longer exist).

History, what history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.