Pecking Order and Transfer Policy

We appear to not want to pay over the odds for any player, not got a problem with that.

I just hope our scouts can seek out some gems at a fair price and in their early twenties.

This is getting critical with the age of some of our star players.

One reason its become harder over the last couple of years will be exchange rates, If a Spanish team wants to pay €300,000 a week pre 2016;we could compete for £200,000, now it’s going to const nearer £300,000. Same with transfer fees it’s made competing much harder than 2 or so years ago.

One reason its become harder over the last couple of years will be exchange rates, If a Spanish team wants to pay €300,000 a week pre 2016;we could compete for £200,000, now it’s going to const nearer £300,000. Same with transfer fees it’s made competing much harder than 2 or so years ago.

Hadnt thought of that but very good point. Ever increasing TV deals would fund it, but one brings more and if every player demands an extra 25-50k per week as a result of a de jong 300k contract we will fast be stuck unable to shift or recycle the squad like we were 2013-2015 time.

Whilst it is obviously disappointing and potentially they should have acted quicker, once the numbers got that high from a team like Barca we really cant match it

Hadnt thought of that but very good point. Ever increasing TV deals would fund it, but one brings more and if every player demands an extra 25-50k per week as a result of a de jong 300k contract we will fast be stuck unable to shift or recycle the squad like we were 2013-2015 time.

Whilst it is obviously disappointing and potentially they should have acted quicker, once the numbers got that high from a team like Barca we really cant match it
Only occured to me this afternoon, but thinking who was the last really big signing made by a premier league team from europe. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the chelsea keeper.Cue everonevreminding me of moves I’ve forgotten.

PEP pre match Burnley (embargoed session):

Pep on the transfer market:
"We have to be quicker and smarter and try to buy the players. We have to adapt. It’s difficult to buy top, top players at a good price. Almost impossible. Maybe we have to trust in the young players and help them develop their own personality here."

Pep on wages and balance:
"I think we try to keep the harmony in the locker room with the wages. When you have no balance with that then there is always a problem with the mood in the locker room. One of the good things that City have done is keeping that balance."

Pep on the future:
"I'm so satisfied for what City has done (until now). We'll see what happens in the summer. We'll see the behaviour of the players in the locker room, their desire to stay and help the club - not just me and their mates. It'll be important."

If we pulled out for de jong because if the wage situation then I’m beginning to be abit concerned what we are gonna do because in today’s climate £65 mill is not big money and £300 grand a week is soon gonna be normal and if we can’t or won’t pay near that then we will get left behind by the so called giants of Europe such as Barca Real Madrid juve etc. As for de jong I’m not too fussed as his heart was for Barca but in terms of going forward the Lyon lad will cost £60 mill plus and neves £60 plus we have no chance . We are trying to be one of the giants of world football let’s go out and get the players we need .

Plus what happens when Pep leaves? He is our draw at the moment.

Plus what happens when Pep leaves? He is our draw at the moment.

This........will probably be the best City period in our lifetime and we all know football is cyclical so might as well as make the most of it in this short period of time - nothing lasts for ever.

Pep is completing our growth to top players and seeing us through that transition. I am confident he has the youth setup just how he likes now so that will be doing well in a couple of years, even better than now. Indeed some of the very best starts of tomorrow will have been lured by Pep and may very well be first teamers when he leaves, we just don't know their name yet, some maybe will be making a name for themselves.

That all goes to say we should be fine, we are as prepared for the future at the top as any team possibly could be, we are set for at least 50 years of war at the top.

"We have to be quicker and smarter and try to buy the players. We have to adapt. It’s difficult to buy top, top players at a good price. Almost impossible. Maybe we have to trust in the young players and help them develop their own personality here."

"I think we try to keep the harmony in the locker room with the wages. When you have no balance with that then there is always a problem with the mood in the locker room. One of the good things that City have done is keeping that balance."

Pep on the future:
"I'm so satisfied for what City has done (until now). We'll see what happens in the summer. We'll see the behaviour of the players in the locker room, their desire to stay and help the club - not just me and their mates. It'll be important."

These are very interesting points. I mentioned some of these when opening this thread, and Guardiola seems to be adding a little more to the picture. The harmony of the dressing room is paramount and there seems to be a growing realization that we may now be entering a stage where we have to adapt. De Ligt is only 18 months older than Garcia, so does it really make sense to pay a fortune and a higher salary on him when we could simply trust Garcia more?

Pep on the future:
I did hear, but took it with a pinch of salt, it was Pep that pulled the plug on Sanchez because of his wage demands. Hearing that maybe it was true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.