Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll ask for £80m .. might end up settling for around £70m + add ons and the player will have to agitate for the move (its Leicester). That's the market & there's a premium cos he's homegrown. Other clubs also know if they can tempt the player with a big wage offer, we we'll only offer so much in wages. TBH I agree with the wage structure at City, especially when we're talking about young, relatively unproven players they can't come in on silly wages. I dont think it was anything to do with wages the fooked up the Jorginho deal though, i just think we were trying to get one over the Napoli president, driving the transfer price down but he had the last laugh....

looks the next luke shaw to me. would rather us bring back angelino or take our time scouting out a better option.

They'll ask for £80m .. might end up settling for around £70m + add ons and the player will have to agitate for the move (its Leicester). That's the market & there's a premium cos he's homegrown. Other clubs also know if they can tempt the player with a big wage offer, we we'll only offer so much in wages. TBH I agree with the wage structure at City, especially when we're talking about young, relatively unproven players they can't come in on silly wages. I dont think it was anything to do with wages the fooked up the Jorginho deal though, i just think we were trying to get one over the Napoli president, driving the transfer price down but he had the last laugh....
Not worth anything like that amount even allowing for being home grown

Well I dont know about him. There is the example of Andy Robertson from Hull to Liverpool for 8m pounds and look at him he could be solving Liverpool LB problem for next 5 years or longer.

But this Chilwell guy doesnt look half as good imo as Walker did for Spurs in his best seasons. And certainly would command similar fee. If we ready to splash the big cash then bring in proven quality or world class potential. IF we want to gamble on some young talented LB then 20m enough maximum and get the fucking scouts to look around all top leagues at least. I am sure there are LBs on Chilwell level not costing same as he is.

This more than 100m spent on Mendy+Walker so far didnt pay out as I hoped.

20m can buy you an unproven kid these days, I'm afraid. We're selling kids who barely or never played for first team for 10-15m.

How many other top top clubs have a clear opening for a first choice left back currently?

Liverpool - They won't be in for Chillwell having Robertson already
Spurs - Rose and Davies both contracted until 2021
Chelsea - Alonso contracted until 2023, Emerson until 2022
Arsenal - Kolasinac contracted until 2022, Monreal out of contract in the summer
United - Shaw contracted until 2023, Young out of contract in the summer

Liverpool - They won't be in for Chillwell having Robertson already
Spurs - Rose and Davies both contracted until 2021
Chelsea - Alonso contracted until 2023, Emerson until 2022
Arsenal - Kolasinac contracted until 2022, Monreal out of contract in the summer
United - Shaw contracted until 2023, Young out of contract in the summer

Looks like we have a decent shout

Please no to a big money bid for Chilwell…..there has to be better options just do some fucking scouting !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.